Brazil 2014.

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

Freshmaker

Brazil 2014.

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:07 am

Brazil - Croatia 3-1. Brazil got a free penalty, but besides that they deserved the win imho.

Thoughts?
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Brazil 2014.

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:54 am

KOA WC beats that lame copycat effort by FIFA any day.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 am

Many things about the FIFA World Cup are ridiculous, but the Rankings and subsequent Seeding Groups are on the top of the list. They have the two finalists of the previous competition playing in the same group! And another semi-finalist, Uruguay, in a group with England and Italy! I don't care what kind of point system they have, if Switzerland is ranked sixth in the world it is clearly not working! Just ditch the whole thing and start the fuck again.

Imagine if the Voitsberg Kick Off 2 World Cup had multiple groups, how would you feel if we had Dagh and Gianluca in one group, and Gianni with me and Andy in another? Groups out of which ONLY TWO would go through?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:16 am

Great idea Alkis. Let's do that in Copenhagen :-)

What Camber said ffs!
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 am

I am currently watching as they spray paint the Pitch for the England v Italy game, they are spraying it Green because the pitch is currently burnt brown colour.

On top of this, and this is what I find most funny, outside the ground they are showing two trucks piled high with beautiful green grass that was taken up to make room for a temporary carpark outside the stadium!!!

madness, its the one place in the world where its impossible NOT to grow perfect grass, humid and lots of rain....everywhere is green, the grass is amazing...apart from on the pitch where its more like cardboard...so to fix it they are spraying it with green paint!

well done Fifa!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:33 am

In fairness to the opening game they are normally dull matches....

It was not an epic but at least it had talking points and a LOT of colour.

I like the croatian team, they have something about them where they don't give up a lost cause. They were massive outsiders but they didn't park up the bus, they just played decent counter attack stuff.

Modric was a bit rubbish, he gave the ball away to much but had he had a good game then it may have been a different story overall as he can really turn a match on its head.

Both Neymar goals I felt were let in a little too easy, but saying that the keeper had had a brilliant game up until that point and looked solid (unlike Julio Ceasar who looked pants, but then again he has been playing for QPR for the past 2 years!!!!)

So Brazil definately deserved the win, had it not been controversial (not just for the penalty but the basic fact every decision went the way of the Yellow team) it probably would have been looked at as a pretty straight forward win.

The crowds after the game throwing Rocks at the TV reporters tho...jeeesh! I mean I get their point but don't attack people who are here to cover what should be a massive event - look at how the South Africans took to the WC - they were in a far worse state financially and yet every person in that country took it as a massive celebration and to show their hospitality!

In fact the SA world cup, in my mind, was let down by the stupid football itself, if you have every played with one you will know its more like a 50p Plastic ball you get from the beach seller...

This Brazzica tho is a far far better ball, more like the old Adidas Tango's when they FIRST came out (not the crappy later flyaway version that you just put your toe thru!) its a quality ball and hopefully that means more quality football comes from it!

I know how much a ball can affect a game, why they can't just have a constant ball like they used to with the Mitre Delta ffs, best ball ever!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:36 pm

I for one welcome our new german overlords.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 am

Steve Camber wrote:I for one welcome our new german overlords.

Agree 8)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:11 am

Steve Camber wrote:I for one welcome our new german overlords.

It's only today that I agree :)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.