Ghost'n'Goblins fans around?

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

r.cross

Ghost'n'Goblins fans around?

Postby r.cross » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am

This weekend I stumbled over a nice homebrew game by some guy called Locomalito heavily inspired by Capcoms old Ghost'n'Goblins and Ghouls'n'Ghosts titles. It's called Maldita Castilla, about 10MB in size, freeware and very playable:

After some tries I really think it's worth a recommendation, just in case you're bored :wink:

http://www.locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php
alkis21

Re: Ghost'n'Goblins fans around?

Postby alkis21 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:41 am

Looks awesome! I'll definitely try it, thanks.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

alkis21 wrote:Looks awesome! I'll definitely try it, thanks.

Hey - happy someone is interested :) It's less frustrating than the original games - I relatively quickly progressed to the 3rd world where it gets noticeably harder though. Obviously there are different endings to the game depending on how many tears you find. After continuing for the 4th time death himselfs comes to claim your soul ( :twisted: ) which must have something to do with the different endings I assume. So my goal is to finish it with less than 4 continues. Hope I can keep up the motivation, at the time the flu helps me finding some time to play...
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 am

Just tried it yesterday. Very nice, even though the first levels are a bit on the easy side. Very polished in all aspects.

Check out his other games as well - he is good, probably one of the best Game Maker developers I've seen around.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 am

For a random sequence of events, I saw that game a couple of weeks ago in a pub that organizes retro game events. It is nice!
thanks for bring it to our attention!
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Abyss wrote:Just tried it yesterday. Very nice, even though the first levels are a bit on the easy side. Very polished in all aspects.

Check out his other games as well - he is good, probably one of the best Game Maker developers I've seen around.

Yes, the 1st world is too easy considered you'll have to replay it often - unless you're a much better player than me. I didn't know about Game Maker at all, seems to be quite powerful for my beloved 2d Jump'n Runs.

Torchiador wrote:For a random sequence of events, I saw that game a couple of weeks ago in a pub that organizes retro game events. It is nice!
thanks for bring it to our attention!

Damn, I hope someone starts to organize events like that around here!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Looks interesting, the GnG games were two of my favourite arcade games. Could complete both on a single credit back in the day and even did Ghouls once without losing armour.
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 am

Bounty Bob wrote:Could complete both on a single credit back in the day and even did Ghouls once without losing armour.

I knew some people who where good but no one could do that! :bow: :wink:
The only version I completed back then was Ghost'n'Goblins on the C64. It was easier in general and shorter due to limited memory. Years later I played through the SNES version of Super G'n'G, but, if I remember correctly it took me ages to complete that.
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Sat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm

r.cross wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:Could complete both on a single credit back in the day and even did Ghouls once without losing armour.

I knew some people who where good but no one could do that! :bow: :wink:
The only version I completed back then was Ghost'n'Goblins on the C64. It was easier in general and shorter due to limited memory. Years later I played through the SNES version of Super G'n'G, but, if I remember correctly it took me ages to complete that.

Back in the day, The Bounty Bar Kid was unplayable...!
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser