Germany and Greece: Economics

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

Panayotis7

Germany and Greece: Economics

Postby Panayotis7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 am

Sascha wrote:As I live in the country that stole Panayotis´s money (I have learned this *multiple times* at the weekend) I would love to spend his money travelling to Dubai.

Yes, and actually, I think all Germans of the KOA should do that. You can actually send me the ticket money, each and every one of you, and I'll take it from there. 8)

(on a more serious note, this "Germany is to blame" pile of shit is just the Greeks' new excuse to justify their miserable lives, it's not that wages were soaring before "Germany took our money")
Proud Tartufist
Sascha

Re: Dubai International, 5th-6th March 2011

Postby Sascha » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 am

Actually you got me wrong. I will use *your* money to pay *my* ticket :twisted:

To be honest I have no idea about economic politics. I remember that the press coverage was a bit different in Germany regarding the Greece-crisis. They said that Greece would have betrayed the EU regarding their economic key data and that the Germans now again have to pay for that the Greece can go to retirement with 55 years, while we need to work until 67. Never trust the press :? In the end they only want to sell their magazines. After all Germany is still the biggest profiteer of the European Union and nobody can expect economic wonders from the EU.

I really think that George and Ektoras for instance are one of the nicest guys that attended the WC. I played them in some friendlies and George and me met somewhen in Games for 9-16. That was one of the most fun matches that I had :) We were kidding each other before and after the match, brilliant. So as long as people are this relaxed when it comes to Kick Off, I can stand those "Germany robbed Greece" statements :)
Visit http://www.kickoff2.com

- German Kick Off 2 Headquarter and Forum
Panayotis7

Re: Germany and Greece: Economics

Postby Panayotis7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 am

Aaah, in that case TICKETS FOR EVERYONE! My treat. Check with the Germans about how to redeem this offer!

As for the press, it certainly bends everything to fit its readers. No one in Germany would buy a newspaper that said "Germans are stealing from the Greeks" and no one in Greece would buy a paper saying "Take a look at yourselves and stop blaming your shit on anybody but you".
Anyway, I don't know about economics either, but I do know about Greece's state now and in the past, and it's always been the same shit, just different excuses.

(btw, I didn't start this thread, it was just torn out of the Dubai tournament thread. I don't much care talking politics, especially on forums)
Proud Tartufist
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 am

Panayotis7 wrote:I don't much care talking politics, especially on forums

Me neither. But I have one tip for the Germans: Next time the Greeks ask you for 20 billion Euros, just tell them to fuck off. That way nobody will blame you ever again for "only lending us money to control us".

The fact that the Greek people direct their rage to the Germans instead of the Greek politicians is so ludicrous that I would happily sign an agreement to nuke my shitty country out of existence.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 am

alkis21 wrote:The fact that the Greek people direct their rage to the Germans instead of the Greek politicians is so ludicrous that I would happily sign an agreement to nuke my shitty country out of existence.

You know that the very first signature on this agreement is mine. I signed it years ago.
Proud Tartufist
Sascha

Postby Sascha » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 am

Yes, this topic is absolutely unintended. I only wanted to say that I like the Greece Kick Off players second best, right after the Italian ones :lol:
I mean, I would even like the English if there were more like Simon K around. But they have Robert S as well, so I can´t stand them.

And I am absolutely pro spending money to Greece, if it is Eintracht Frankfurt that pays it to buy Gekas, Tzavellas and Amanatidis. Three of our best players...

kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:57 am

Per capita benefit from EU for budget period 2007-2013 in euros

Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Sascha

Postby Sascha » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Now I can 't stand the Luxembourgers anymore! Steeling my money! :wink:

I think as Germanys Economy mainly lives from export, we profit a lot from the fact that there are no taxes and currency up/downs on exports. This is were the EU pays out for Germany. You all get flooded with BMWs and cuckoo clocks :D

Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 am

Now you see why I opted out of the EU. Alkis, your comment about signing a petition to nuke Greece has been suggested before. Sigourney Weaver had the solution to Greece's economic problems about 20 years ago. Listen: