The sunday online tournament thread

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

The sunday online tournament thread

Postby Rayge » Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Today we experimented an online tournament, with 3 players. It was great fun, and results were close.

We decided to post the results, to see how we improve and to invite you next sunday (and the sunday after... and so on) to join and make it bigger.

We called it the Tuborg tour (called after the sip of beer dnielsen drinks every time he scores)

Dnielsen - Rayge: 1 - 4
Logos - Rayge: 1 - 1
Dnielsen - Logos: 4 - 2
Rayge - Dnielsen: 3 - 2
Logos - Dnielsen: 3 - 3
Rayge - Logos: 2 - 1

Standings:

Just a few comments:

Seeing the players level that is decent, I'm surprised we didn't score more goals. I believe we were stressed :)
Even if the point difference can look big, all matches were difficult and 3 of them had a winner during injury time.

I thank my partners a lot for the big entertainment, the one i get almost daily in friendly matches as well.

Feel free to join us next sunday evening (or anytime) if you want to show us how to play :D

If you don't know how to join, read this thread first: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14748
Last edited by Rayge on Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: The sunday online tournament thread

Postby gdh82 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 am

Rayge wrote:Today we experimented an online tournament, with 3 players. It was great fun, and results were close.

We decided to post the results, to see how we improve and to invite you next sunday (and the sunday after... and so on) to join and make it bigger.

We called it the Tuborg tour (called after the sip of beer dnielsen drinks every time he scores)

Well played guys! A drop-in Sunday tourney sounds a great idea :)

Glad to see Dnielsen didn't go thirsty with his 10 goals! ;)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu May 22, 2008 2:14 pm

congrats Rayge. :)
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Thu May 22, 2008 11:56 pm

As tonight the same three dudes were in a good mood, we decide to make a new Tuborg Tour.
3 rounds:

Logos - Rayge: 1 - 4
Dnielsen - Rayge: 4 - 1
Dnielsen - Logos: 2 - 2

Logos - Rayge: 2 - 2
Dnielsen - Rayge: 3 - 3
Dnielsen - Logos: 3 - 1

Logos - Rayge: 0 - 3
Dnielsen - Rayge: 2 - 3
Dnielsen - Logos: 1 - 1

Final standings:

This one had a great suspense, as dnielsen and I had beaten each other once and drew one, dnielsen would have been champion if he had won the last match. God (aka Dino Dini) made his choice about the final results ^^ I'll add no comment, I'll let my mates do it.

Thank you guys for the fun :)

Next tournament: Sunday evening.
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Fri May 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks for playing. Another funny night. I welcome people to simply drop into the chat and see if anybody is up for a game. That's how we got this tournament going at a moment's notice.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Good to hear of another tourney - do keep updating us with the latest online news! 8)

dnielsen wrote:I welcome people to simply drop into the chat and see if anybody is up for a game. That's how we got this tournament going at a moment's notice.

That's the beauty of online KO 8) (Bit different to offline tourneys I can tell ya! ;))
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Fri May 23, 2008 5:07 pm

And another one, held on may, 23rd.

logos - rayge: 2 - 7
dnielsen - rayge: 4 - 2
dnielsen - logos: 5 - 2

logos - rayge: 4 - 9
dnielsen - rayge: 3 - 2
dnielsen - logos: 9 - 0

At last, there was a fair amount of goals !

A 4th player, called mugen, dropped in after the first round. We tried to make him join the tourney, but due to a lack of time and connection problems, he could only play one: 2 - 2 against dnielsen.
It seems like these tournaments will become more and more challenging with time :)

Dnielsen handled it well, with his keyboard routines. Congratulations !

More tourneys coming soon :)
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Wed May 28, 2008 12:53 am

And another one, held on 27-28th of May (at night !)

Logos - Rayge: 0 - 2
Dnielsen - Logos: 3 - 0
Dnielsen - Rayge: 2 - 3

Logos - Rayge: 2 - 5
Dnielsen - Logos: 1 - 2
Dnielsen - Rayge: 3 - 3

Logos - Rayge: 2 - 4
Dnielsen - Logos: 3 - 2 (epic match !)
Dnielsen - Rayge: 5 - 2

Good fun :)
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Wed May 28, 2008 1:27 am

What a great tournament tonight! Congrats to Rayge for winning in fine form!

logos logged on rather late, after having been supiciously absent the last few days. It turned out our suspicions were true, and he came back suntanned and stronger than ever after having trained in the mountains. Like Rocky!

We had a lot of close games. My last game against logos was terrific. First, logos' nr. 4 makes an auto-slide, with a penalty and direct red as the result. But, the keeper saves the penalty! Later in the first half, my nr. 5 R.Cox takes the ball for the longest run full of twist and turns and ending in a possible clear shot past the keeper, only to fark up the aftertouch into a change of direction instead, with the ball pointlessly whistling past the goal. Just before the half-time, I substituted nr.9 twice, the first one being the wrong substitute and my stubbornness making it a second. 0-0 at half-time, and the growing fear that we would have to post an embarrassing 0-0 result. But then the game explodes! Down 10 against 11, logos brings his troops to a commanding 2-0 lead with 2 minutes to go. Seeing that 10 players are better than 11, the second nr.9 replacement is instructed to fake an injury, and we have to finish the match 10 vs. 10. logos' blue army is understandibly growing tired after having fought 10 vs. 11 for so long, and I manage to reduce his lead. Then disaster strikes! In a fairly safe position, logos' nr. 5 R.Cox decides to make a diagonal "passer-shot" straight past the unsuspecting keeper. A magnificent goal, but sadly in the wrong end! Now, 2-2 would have been the logical conclusion to the drama, but in the over-time, the tired blue army allows a last-second 3-2 clincher.

It's really a joy to play games like these, autoslides and all. Kick Off 2 is just great :lol: I can't wait to the next tournament.
Logos

Postby Logos » Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Wow, that was some match we had and congrats to Rayge on winning the tourney. 2-0 up with 2 minutes to go and I lose 2-3! That is the beauty of Kickoff 2, anything is possible! :D

I'll keep training Rocky style until I can provide you all with some serious competition.

Until the next tourney...
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Tuberg tour V, May, 29th:

We started to play with no warm-up :)

Logos - Rayge: 1 - 2
Dnielsen - Rayge: 0 - 3
Logos - Dnielsen: 1 - 1

Logos - Rayge: 4 - 4
Dnielsen - Rayge: 4 - 3
Logos - Dnielsen: 1 - 5

Logos - Rayge: 0 - 4
Dnielsen - Rayge: 3 - 4
Logos - Dnielsen: 1 - 9

I have the feeling we'll play another one tonight ^^
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Sat May 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Tuborg VI, played late at night on May, 30th:

dnielsen - logos : 10 - 1
logos - rayge : 0 - 2
dnielsen - rayge : 2 - 4

dnielsen - logos : 5 - 2
logos - rayge : 2 - 3
dnielsen - rayge : 5 - 3

Good job dnielsen :D
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 pm

TUBORG VII - held on Sunday June, 1st

First of all, I would like to welcome mugen among the tournament crew. He played friendlies with us, and today he had the time to join a tournament. It was a pleasure to play with him. (until he wasted all my chances to win this tournament ^^ )

As promised in another post, I have made a script that handles fixtures randomely, records scores and displays the table, so from now on we'll use screenshots of it to show the scores and standings.

Congratulations to dnielsen who keeps improving and is reaching a good level.

And thank you to all the players, all my games were pretty difficult, it was a pleasure.