Trap-and-Move Interference ?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Trap-and-Move Interference ?

Postby gdh82 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:53 pm

I came across these when looking at the unintended slide tackle bug and I belive it to be very closely related! After trapping the ball and then attempting to move away with it, the ball often rolls away for no apparent reason?

Has anyone else noticed this ?

It seems to happen when an opponent is nearby, as if the opponent player somehow interferes with your trap and move action although they're never in contact with the ball! As a result the ball needlessly rolls away!!!

Before anyone posts this, I'm sure this isn't my poor trap and move technique (at least not in these clips) because I can't replicate this in practice mode!

Just as with the unintended slide tackle bug, imo this 'interference' limits the possibilities within the great game...but be interested to hear what others think...
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Garry! you are really a connoisseur of bug and you have also a good eye! I noticed it too, I hope Camber coud take a look at it...
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:55 pm

In that video seems that this unwelcome event happens only after to trap and release the ball. In truth this unwelcome event happens in a normal dribble without to trap the ball, it happens with PBD and NOPBD, of course it happens only in a dribble close to the opponent.
It seems that tha player who controls the ball becomes a ghost.
As you say:
Just as with the unintended slide tackle bug, imo this 'interference' limits the possibilities within the great game...but be interested to hear what others think...

QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE
QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Torchiador wrote:In that video seems that this unwelcome event happens only after to trap and release the ball. In truth this unwelcome event happens in a normal dribble without to trap the ball, it happens with PBD and NOPBD, of course it happens only in a dribble close to the opponent.
It seems that tha player who controls the ball becomes a ghost.

That's interesting, Gianni.

Could be part of a wider problem where the opposing (defending) player's excessive 'boundaries' wrongly interfere with the player-in-possession's actions and movements ?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:54 pm

gdh82 wrote:Could be part of a wider problem where the opposing (defending) player's excessive 'boundaries' wrongly interfere with the player-in-possession's actions and movements ?

you right, I think that this bug is really similar to the "unintended slide tackle bug", I think these bugs are brothers...
Steve, what do you think about this matter?
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:50 pm

Much as I too find this annoying I never moan about this one!!!
I agree with it, the defender puts pressure on you and you lose control- always to the nearest touch line though!
my view is not a bug so let's concentrate on the real ones...
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Semtex wrote:Much as I too find this annoying I never moan about this one!!!
I agree with it, the defender puts pressure on you and you lose control- always to the nearest touch line though!

The defender puts a REAL pressure on you when he is close to you. I think that another supplementary auto interference isn't needed, by the way this auto interference limits the possibilities to manage hard dribbling close to the defender,it limits the possibilities within the great game. for me this is one of the big reason because it is very difficult to see a great goal when 2 Bigs are playing KO2.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Semtex wrote:Much as I too find this annoying I never moan about this one!!!

The way I look at this thread is this: I'm not moaning as such but seeking a "pure" KO2 experience! 8) By raising the points I do, I'm merely highlighting some "impurities" in the great game! I realise that Steve's focus right now is the KO2PC but this might be useful for that too, as well as the KO2CV later on ?

Personally I'm not persuaded by the "puts pressure on you" argument although I can see where you're coming from. For me, though, the game would be so much better if instead of this interference, either the defending player actually tackles me or I dribble past the opponent. Whichever way, the possibilites for gameplay increase! 8)

Btw I'm not sure what you mean by the 'real bugs' (non-goals? robberies? detecting when ball goes out of play? unintended slide tackles?) - why not start a thread on the subject ?