Kick Off Revival full match gameplay

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Fiery Phoenix
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Kick Off Revival full match gameplay

Postby Fiery Phoenix » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:59 pm

It does seem a rush release to capitalise on the Euro's.

I have seen the review's and they are really bad. If it is true there are no replay option's or even bookings, that is pretty shoddy in my opinion.

Of course updates are promised to correct such things, would have been a hell of a lot better if they were just included in the final release. Of course, pressure from Sony, etc would mean release dates are not something DD could control.

Whatever way you look at it, it is a major disappointment
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Have you played it, fiery?
Fiery Phoenix
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Fiery Phoenix » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:42 pm

No PS4 - was toying with the idea of getting one.

The reviews have defo swayed me away. Will see if any friends get it and play it at their's - at least it was not a full price release.

I was looking forward to it - and part of me does think that those playing it have little knowledge of the history of the title. However, no mistaking that it looks like a rush release with little options, editing available, replays or bookings. Few comments have said the keeper AI is pretty bad too.
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:44 am

The only advice I have is try before you decide... A I've stated many times, I don't like gamepads and no doubt, it's not as easy for me to control, but that doesn't make it a bad game.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:48 am

John, your writings make me wanna try the game. :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:23 pm

It does need some work, I can't deny that. I don't think there are any yellow or red cards, and the control is far more difficult for me, as I don't get on with gamepads, but I see the lack of cards as a good thing, as it allows us to learn the controls, without getting half the team sent off during a match!

I've just read a piece of vile on facebook, basically slagging off KOR and Dino, and some of what was written has really annoyed me.
Horst L.
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Horst L. » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi, I played it a couple of times on PS4 now.
I am quite angry that Dino released it when it was not finished. No cards, all players have same stats, the goal keeper AI is kick off 1 like, you can go on an on.
But I like it so far, hoping for patches to bring in all missing features but with all these bad reviews I am afraid he put the project on risk with the too early release.
The controls are at least similar, so it is a kick off for sure. The game is still played with one button, so the basic control scheme is similar (you can find flow charts on the web to get an idea). It makes a difference how far you push the analogue stick. By pushing it only half way the player does not only run slower but also will pass or shoot with less strength. So I can adjust the length of my a cross pass an scored goals by that but the player slows down and can be intercepted. You see why you can't play it with a digital joystick...
After a couple of days I managed the controls better and was able to beat CPU Italy or Spain and I had some control, but corners and free kicks were a huge problem.
I then played some online games, most of the time a draw or lucky win, and all just kick and rush.
The a player who is listed 2nd on the online leader board offered a game and I joined.
Well I lost 7:1 and did not get often the ball, like when I once played Frank F. in Germany ;)
But this guy had control and was able to follow his plan and it looked like kick off 2 played by an average tournament player! He was even able to do corners an free kicks right...

It is not a 2/10 like most reviews... my impression after a couple of days is 7/10 game play but we all know how long it takes to learn kick off, so in a couple of weeks my game play rating can go up or down.
Last not least if I take in account all the missing parts, the whole game can't be rated more than 5/10!
Finish it Dino...
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:39 pm

I haven't read anything in your review that I can argue with. As I understand it, the release date was not something that Dino had any control over, but I do agree that it needs work on it.

But here's the thing... Those of us who have already bought the game should see this time as an opportunity to practice and provide feedback and suggestions for improvements. Not every game affords the players that opportunity.

I really need to buy a joystick, (analog, of course) as I am sure that my KOR performance will improve with one, (it can't really get any worse!) and if I can prove that it's a good game then maybe, just maybe some of the haters might take a second look.

OK, I'm an idealist, but hey, you've got to live in hope, right?
Horst L.
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Horst L. » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 am

Direct Link expires, so you have to check this guys facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RetroGamerAddict/

Scroll down to the Goals Goals Goals Video...

This video shows what is possible with KOR if you improve your performance... and how bad goal keepers are!
I am afraid I personally will stay at same low level like on KO2, we'll see ;)
Fiery Phoenix
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Fiery Phoenix » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:57 am

The reviews on metacritic are pretty brutal , both by publishers and normal players.

Some better comments on Amazon however
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm not convinced that there are many genuine reviews for Kick off Revival on metacritic, given the fervent manner in which kick off world are repeatedly peddling the whole worst game for the PS4 ever line. Speaking of kick off world, you may not be aware of the fact that they are deleting Facebook posts which they don't approve of. I know this because they've done it to posts which I wrote.
Horst L.
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Horst L. » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:33 am

Yes, the reviews are brutal... but you are able to play it with some practise and have fun...
That is my game play after 5 evenings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rQmK ... Z-8KXJMmrA

As said before, the game is Beta, I am not sure if it will be close to KO2 in the future or if I will be pissed off some day, too... currently I like it.