UK Championships XIII - Sunday 4th August 2013 (Updated)

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Freshmaker

Re: UK Championships XIII - Sunday 4th August July 2013 (Upd

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:17 am

What Gianni said.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Really good work Mark, many thanks. Yes I'll definitely be there but only Sunday.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:05 pm

thanks Ian mate.

If you can try and get there around 10.30 that would be perfect but if you are going to be much later than this let us know and we wil sort something.

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I'll aim for 9:30 to be on the safe side! Is there a number I can call if I get a puncture or something?

I forgot to say ta for the rules. On "We dont use PC's we use real Amigas" , does that mean I need a 20th century nine pin joystick rather than a joystick with a USB connector?
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

UK Championships XIII - Sunday 4th August July 2013 (Updated

Postby durban » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 am

Ian,

Yes mate you need a proper amiga/st stick.

Most people have spares if you cant get one but lots on ebay (comp pros etc) and I have a few spare cruisers
If you find yourself there on the day without one.

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Logos

Postby Logos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am

iankay wrote:I'll aim for 9:30 to be on the safe side! Is there a number I can call if I get a puncture or something?

I forgot to say ta for the rules. On "We dont use PC's we use real Amigas" , does that mean I need a 20th century nine pin joystick rather than a joystick with a USB connector?

Ian, I can take some spares for you too, which joystick do you use?

For future events I would recommend you buy your preferred 9 pin stick from ebay as most of us have done. Best to buy several of your favourite and figure out which has best feel.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 pm

durban wrote:Pain as it may be can we all please reconfirm we are happy with the date and whether we are attending Sat and Sunday or Just sunday.

Can we also chase up those who said they can NOW attend on this date so we can get confirmations asap.

Thanks

Everyone did confirm via FB Durbz...Understand though that you want people to confirm in one place though. I think gone are the days when people confirmed on here to be honest. It is a pain but you have to track people down one by one.

Here's a list of 100% confirmations from when I did some chasing: (i've added yourself and andy at the top for recapping the saturday stuff

Mark S (Saturday: unable)
Ian K (Saturday: unable)
Steve C (Saturday: unable)
Robert S (Saturday: PENDING)
Simon B (Saturday: PENDING)
Garry C (Saturday: Confirmed. evening tournament only (no real football)
Simon K (Saturday: PENDING)
Andy: (Saturday: confirmed - - YES to real football too)
Steve E (Saturday: confirmed - - YES to real football too)
Mandhir S (Saturday: confirmed - YES to real football too)
Stephen S (Saturday going's on: PENDING)

Then a few days before the event you have to personally contact them again to make sure they're still coming :lol: Previous UK Champs have fallen on certain dates for myself which made it tricky to attend (one fell on my sisters Birthday which saw the whole family invited for a bbq :/ ). For a Newent my Uncle was very ill and ended up passing away - kinda wish I hadn't made that one but there you go.
It's bloody hard work organising a tourney isn't it. HOWEVER, the rewards are superb and you are doing a SUPERB JOB :)
(I have contacted the above people personally again on Facebook to see if they're up for any Saturday festivities.)

In addition to this, myself and Gaz have been hosting Kick Off 2 events at local pubs in the area in an effort to get more players. Just last weekend gone by we had a 16 player penalty shoot out tournament.

Ian, I have two working Zipsticks if you want to use them along with the traditional (flight sim) style ones.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:04 am

Steve

Confirmed to who? It wasnt me!

I used to be psychic but I have lost my powers now...thanks for letting me know though mate.

Mark
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 am

Oh and Durbz is the other guy....not me :)
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 am

Just scanning our FB chats, I confirmed to you mate after contacting them all personally bud :) Then got back to you with an alternative plan to get your 100% approval.
I contacted them all personally again last night too for ya
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 am

Yes but mate I appreciate this, but I am old school and prefer to see the confirmations myself (not take it for granted) if that makes sense...call me old fashioned but I think we need to use the forums for this so people can ALL see who has replied (as you may even get people who 'will only go if my mate is definately going' and they won't know from the facebook chats)

Thanks anyway mate....
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 am

Steve

a few things -

Is Steven S, Steve Screech or another Steve S?

Who is Mark S?

And can you confirm you are happy with the first post to ensure I have this right, thanks.

finally are you going to guage the likelyhood of REAL Football and arrange, I don't think I will be able to get to the Holiday Inn until 8pm so I am probably not able to play real football.

Kind regards,

Mark
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Cheers for okaying me on all this mate. It's great to be helping that's for sure and I'm right with you. I preferred the days of foruming confirming too. The thing is, because of having to resort to FB stalking it lets you know when they've read your msg...so you can badger people far more hehe

Due to you struggling to get down for Saturday (and had you mentioned about those other reasons with your daughter then I'd have not attempted any re-arranging tbh), I'm trying to assess the viability of real football. HOWEVER, at the very least we'll have a tournament round mine as well as friendlies.

durban wrote:Is Steven S, Steve Screech or another Steve S?

Stephen S...is Stephen Smith. He went to a previous UK Champs.

durban wrote:Who is Mark S?

That'll be you mate...lol Wrote it dont wrong.

durban wrote:And can you confirm you are happy with the first post to ensure I have this right, thanks.

Are you referring to the participants? Spot on mate if you are.

durban wrote:finally are you going to guage the likelyhood of REAL Football and arrange, I don't think I will be able to get to the Holiday Inn until 8pm so I am probably not able to play real football.

No problem Mark...perhaps Real Football won't be on the agenda but a tournament round mine will be. Perhaps 2 tournaments. One from 7PM ish and then one for when you arrive.