German International Tournament 25.May.2013

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: German International Tournament 25.May.2013

Postby Torchiador » Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 am

Oliver St wrote:Klaus L 1 - 17 Gianni T : very heartless Gianni...I would never do this :wink: .

It was my very last game of the tournament. After my world cup ending completely out of fuel, I wanted to test my stamina after 19 game in a day so I pushed much on the accelerator pedal. the final result is surely hard for Klaus but I was happy for myself because I saw that I was very confident with my joystick and very focused in to stop the opponent attack and to make fast counter attacks with a wide ranging of approaches to the goal line.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon May 27, 2013 3:50 pm

I uploaded all the picture on dropbox.
for every single picture I copied the link from dropbox on the forum. I made a short comment of every picture. I watched some preview to see how it looks.
After that I submitted and after 30 minutes work I lost everything because of error 503. They are such things that are killing forum activity, while facebook becomes more user friendly every day...
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Mon May 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Because of the many games we played, everybody was free to have it's own strategie Gianni.

Beside Gianni who was a class of it's own and Alessandro and Frank who was a class better then the rest, Klaus, Helmut, me, Andreas, Cornelius and Horst had a lot of very close games. That's the most fun in Kick Off. One of the games I enjoyed most was the 3-4 against Klaus. Even that Loki was against me, it mad fun. In these 10 games in the end everybody had at least one success and so in the end everybody was happy. Even Jan and Gianlucca had successful games too. Nobody left with 0 points and 0 goals.
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 am

Thorsten B 3 - 4 Frank F

I can still hear Thorsten shout: JAWOLL!! AUF GEHT'S THORSTEN! DU KANNST MITHALTEN!!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
FrankF
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby FrankF » Tue May 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Oliver St wrote:Thorsten B 3 - 4 Frank F

I can still hear Thorsten shout: JAWOLL!! AUF GEHT'S THORSTEN! DU KANNST MITHALTEN!!

The complete opposite ! Too bad you weren't there :wink:

FF
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Gegner gegen die ich schon oft geschlagen habe, entfachen mein Temperament nicht so sehr :-)
TheTimeLord
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby TheTimeLord » Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Dear colleagues,

Please find below some pictures made during the wonderful weekend I had in Freiburg.

Freiburg, Schauinsland, Feldberg, Donaueschingen-Brewery Fürstenberg, KO2-Friendlies. Unfortunately some pictures from the Brewery and all of the cockoo clock museum (Kuckucksuhren-Museum Furthwang) were lost. Maybe Jan K. can provide some of these pictures.
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/6JRNLKNMFT
mirror: http://shrta.com/files/1ZVQBKYD/Selected_1.zip
mirror: http://depositfiles.com/files/vspjbjpij

KO2-Tournament, CL-Final
http://depositfiles.com/files/qztei41xc
mirror: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/7L5VLKNMIO5
mirror: http://shrta.com/files/NSATVPFQ/Selected_2.zip

@r.cross
Yes, we did very well represent Austria in this tournament. It would have been also a pleasure to play against you.

@Oliver St.
I was surprised too to beat Frank F. He was not sleeping during the game and nor his stick was broken. However the second one was clearly for Frank F. (6-1).

@Aliks21
This time I was able to win against Cornelius and in one game against Horst L, Klaus L., Thorsten B., Michael E and Frank F. A draw against Klaus instead of lossing the second game would have result in the fourth place for me!
The TimeLord [tmL]
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Timelord,

thanks for the pictures. Hope we do something like Freiburg again.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu May 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Traditional group picture with all the players who attended the tournament.
TheTimeLord
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby TheTimeLord » Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm

@Torchiador
Very nice group picture! But, where are the Italian? They are a little bit hidden.
The TimeLord [tmL]
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Here you are my pictures and some comments.
Enjoy!

the 3 Italians. As usual, Cousin, AKA the Driver AKA the Transporter drove the whole time, A/R
We arrived very late of Friday. Just the time to say ciao to Thorsten and we went to sleep.
The room was good, quite, clean, and above all German Breakfast. Quality and very good cost. Very nice choice, thanks Thorsten!

The tournament started at 11.30 as planned, we had one hour break for lunch at 13. a very good buffet meal! We had also another afternoon break for coffee, tea and very good biscuits! We played till 19.00 perfectly in time to watch the Champions League Final.
The tournament was a League 2 legs. we were 11 players so 20 matches each player.
The settings used were no autoslide and assisted trap.
The tournament was fun! I had the pleasure to play with new players that I never faced before.
To introduce myself, probably I didn't have very good manners but it's said that people who play with top players want to know how such "top players" play. I didn't want to fall short of their expectations. :)
Beside this one, although I played on Amiga very rarely in the last year, I was in a very good form and tried to play a wide range of attacking actions, approaching the goal from every angle and depth, from longbow to long dribbling run.
For the record, my first game with Thorsten started with a Jawohl for him and he led for two times.

The Venue was nicely located on a hillside in front of the black forest.

After the tournament, Award ceremony and group picture again!

All together to watch the Champions league Final then!

On Sunday we had a small tour in the city together with Jan, Cornelius and Frank.

We had also a nice good lunch in a fun place where angels were all around!

Thanks to Thorsten to organize this event and thanks to all the people who attended it, sharing the precious hardware used to have fun together.
TheTimeLord
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby TheTimeLord » Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Organisation and Location
Many thanks goes to Thorsten B. which spent a lot of time to show us the local landscape with some
special places (Schauinsland mountain railway, Feldberg mountain, Donaueschingen with its Brewery
Fürstenberg, and the famous Cockoo clock museum in Furthwang), to organize the tournament with
Michael E., to reserve our Room at Hotel Bischofslinde (wonderful breakfast and adequate rooms)
and to pick me up at the railway station.

The selected tournament place at Freiburg Caritas Center was wonderful. The ambience as well as
the personal was very relaxing and the meal was excellent. The tournament room was also very nice
and there is also another, bigger one, which might be used for a KO2 world cup. I assume that the
nearby rooms where Frank F and Cornelius H spend the nights were also ok.

Gameplay
Well, I am very proud to score the 5th place in this tournament, although I could finish at the
4th place. In that case I only had to made a draw in the last game (against Klaus L). However I
lost 6-2 in this crucial game.

Gianni T. & Alexandro V.
I am very happy to play against them although the results were frustrating; Gianni won 11-0 both
times and Alexandro won 4-0 and 3-9.

Frank F.
Sorry Frank, the game where I won 3-1 against you was one of my highlights in this tournament.
Well, the revenge will be bloody :)

Thorsten B.
A very hard opponent to me. Usually the games are very close, funny and mostly I loose them. In a friendly on
thursday he beated my clearly. But during the tournament I won 3-5 and he looses 1-3 to me in the second game.

Close results were played against Horst L. and Michael E.. Against Horst I won in one game and
drawed in the other one (2-2 & 4-1). Very close results were against Michael E. were both players
won in one game.

Jan K. & Gianluca P
I hope that Jan K. and Gianluca P. could play interesting games with more ball posession as
against stronger opponents. So they could have done more attacks than usually.

best regards
The TimeLord [tmL]
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Wonderful pictures! The place was beautiful!

I really hate having to miss all these other KO gatherings! :x

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.