Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: The sunday online tournament thread

Postby Rayge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Welcome aboard, Miljan !

Don't worry about the results !

You've beaten me in your first online game, and the only big difference between you and us is about scoring. You know the game very well for sure :mrgreen: Work on finishing, and you'll be at the top.
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:41 am

We played the Tuborg XII online, last night, in order to welcome Kostas O to the online community.

Even if some annoying lag prevented us from seeing his full potential, this guy knows how to attack. It was very enjoyable, and we expect to see Kostas around again in the future.

I have a big personal pride in this one. After losing to Dagh and Logos, who both obviously play better than me, I was getting ready to fight for not finishing last. Then I won all my games, beating Dagh in an epic match, and could even expect to finish co leader if Logos hadn't lost to Dagh in the injury time. This tournament was very interesting, as most games were really close. Kostas really managed to scare me in our very last match, as he was leading and I couldn't get the ball ! Hopefully lag allowed me to get a few balls in the back of his defense in second half...

All in all, good people, good fun, good games,

I hope to see you around again soon !

( yeah !! i've beaten Dagh !)
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:55 am

That was an incredible funny evening of KO2. Kostas had his debut in online KO2. While Rayge and I were helping to set him up, Logos checked into the chat-room as well. Then shortly after Gianni also visited the chat-room to say hello and chat a little. Kostas patiently worked with his set-up -- of course there were some firewall problems -- it always feels like it is the KO2 Gods saying to new online people: "OK, how interested are you really in playing KO2 tonight?". Luckily, Kostas was very interested, and we eventually managed to play a test game.

After Gianni checked out (I guess he had to work on his Yorkshire chronicles!), we contemplated our options. The thing is, Rayge is "retired" :wink:. But here we had this obviously hijacked Rayge nick mantraing: "cough tournament cough". Some girlfriends were out, so we soon settled on a 4 player tournament. But, alas, no tournament without a proper autoslide debate first! The fun just took off to new hights from there.

As for the games, I had a lot of fun in each and every one. Congrats to Rayge on an excellent performance, after a rusty start. He is the old master, having to deal with the hard task of keeping the silly upstarts away from conquering his crown. Congrats to Kostas on a great and patient debut. He obviously had issues with getting used to the lag, but I could clearly see in our second game that the worst laggish war dances around the ball were getting rare, while the slick, well-timed turns were getting more and more common. Besides fun, I hope Kostas will find these games great practice. The basic skills are very good, only the finishing and trapping need more practice. Congrats to Logos on a skilled performance. This guy is getting sick good :shock:. He could as well have finished 1st in the table this time.

After the tournament, Kostas and Rayge checked out as it was getting scarily late. Then I had a long practice session with Logos, until the early morning. This was for me a perfect end to a great KO2 evening. Lots and lots of fun, both on and off the pitch.
Logos

Postby Logos » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Spectacular tournament. The quality of play was immense and the tension intense. Congrats to the Grand Master Dagh who I have learnt so much from. Rayge, the master of aerial attack and instinctive play, beating both Dagh and myself was no surprise, this guy can beat anyone on his day. Costas, welcome and well done, I hope you can play again some time as you have great potential.

Thank you all for such fun!