WC 2007 Videos - The big screen games

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

WC 2007 Videos - The big screen games

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Last edited by Steve Camber on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Thanks a lot for your work!

I am really happy to have a complete game recorded :)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:52 am

Great work Steve! 8)

I'm looking forward to catching up here! Who needs Match of the Day!! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Just watched the final! 8)

I know numbers never give the whole story but I couldn't resist a bit of number crunching some of the KO2 stats!

I also wondered if anyone would be willing to review the final, akin to the Gianni v Alkis match at the UKC07! A post that highlights the top skills and identifies the pivotal moments that would ultimately decide the final. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in enjoying this! :) This is assuming the finalists agree to this ?
Last edited by gdh82 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:17 pm

I agree with Garry. If Spyros and Gianni are willing to write such reviews, describing the goal and deciding moments, I'd love to read them.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:53 pm

alkis21 wrote:I agree with Garry. If Spyros and Gianni are willing to write such reviews, describing the goal and deciding moments, I'd love to read them.

Any update ? :)

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:31 pm

Just watched the KOA Cup Final. 8) What a great match with some top quality goals, especially Rodolfo's 5th and Jorg's 3rd.

Stats wise, I see Rodolfo commanded Possession 59%-41%, but Shots 17-15 and Shots on Target 15-13 were very, very close. Both players showed great accuracy too! 8) Well played Jorg and Congrats again to Rodolfo.

What's is like watching your game again now ?

Abyss

Postby Abyss » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:51 pm

gdh82 wrote:
alkis21 wrote:I agree with Garry. If Spyros and Gianni are willing to write such reviews, describing the goal and deciding moments, I'd love to read them.

Any update ? :)

Oh sorry, just read this.

Em, OK, I'll give it a go... opting for the first final which was the most important game imo.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:42 pm

gdh82 wrote:Just watched the KOA Cup Final. 8) What a great match with some top quality goals, especially Rodolfo's 5th and Jorg's 3rd.

Stats wise, I see Rodolfo commanded Possession 59%-41%, but Shots 17-15 and Shots on Target 15-13 were very, very close. Both players showed great accuracy too! 8) Well played Jorg and Congrats again to Rodolfo.

What's is like watching your game again now ?

Thanks for the nice words.

I have already watched the game several times. After so many years playing the game it is the first time that I have one recorded (Thanks again Steve!) and that I could see and analyze quietly.

My first impression about it is that there is not much to analyze :D the game is vertical, vertical, vertical. Just get the ball and push it as above as possible. That is pretty "primitive", very much like we used to do it more than fifteen years ago. This is part by lack of high quality, and part by the strain of the moment: finals are not for playing, but for winning.

About the goals, I think my best one was the second. And for Jorg, his first. Besides that, as you can see I do not lob. I always shoot inside the penalty box. And neither does Jorg (in spite of the annoying kick off lob, that, thanks God, did not work at all this time :P ).

There is also a time in the second half when we both fail to get the ball, and people started shouting "shame" :lol: . However, there were many goals, so, like I said to Jorg in the halftime, it was not so bad after all for the people to see.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: WC 2007 Videos - The big screen games

Postby Danne » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:39 am

thanx

I cant get it to work. Will it be availbale for download later?
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:43 am

I'll do the same, I think that I can make a sort of chronicle of the match, pointing out goals, great play, saves errors, focus points in the game etc.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:53 am

0:32 --- Goal 0-1 Spyros scored with a diagonal cross by Barber, finishing with a header by Nicholls. I was very well placed in defence with my Cox but I missed the jump on the contrary of Spyros who had a very good timing.

0:54 --- My first goal missed. The action is similar to the 0-1 goal, the difference is that it is all “on the fly” on first touch the cross is lower and the strike is made by kick. I was in a perfect run to strike the ball on the fly. I don’t know why I didn’t hit that ball even if I pressed the fire button. It was a very good move.

1:16 --- Goal 1-1 I scored a corner kick goal. It isn’t a scheme; I just tried to hit the ball before Spyros.

1:31 --- Opportunity for Spyros, fortunately I made a very good disturbing defence and Spyros couldn’t continue with his dribbling.

1:54 ---
My second goal missed. This one is a real and complete mistake. The goal was already done. I made an unforgivable mistake.

2:08 ---
Spyros had a good attempt; it isn’t rare that the ball goes in the net with a shot like that.

3:01 --- Spyros had a good attempt, very good moves on the left side of the pitch, with his diagonal moving he defended the ball reaching the room to try the diagonal shot, a bit short.

3:12 --- Great defence by Spyros, this one is a world champion defence. I was scoring a clear goal but he defended in a sublime way, just a world champion could defend in that way.

3:33 --- Goal 2-1 I scored a goal in the chaos after a diagonal slide of Spyros (unintended?) all together in a dish of beans. in the dribble, PBD helped me.

4:37 --- Goal 3-1 I scored goal after a very good and long move: 10 seconds with the ball, Spyros was saving the goal at the last second but I was well placed and I maintained the ball possession even if he trapped the ball for a while.

6:00 --- I had a good attempt; banana’s shot on the right side. Badly finalized.

6:17 --- My third goal missed. I wonder why the f***ed CPU trapped the ball instead of to shot the ball. Another one of the bug I hate in KO2.

6:35 --- Goal 4-1 I scored a goal. When we were in the midfield, Spyros had a bad switching and Cox remained in the midfield, I scored with no opposition.

*** This one is the crucial point of the world cup: after that goal I was so sure of my supremacy that I didn’t change tactic in lockout, remaining in 4-2-4, open to the Spyros’ kick off attacks, lowering my guard, another one unforgivable mistake. It was just a moment, but, for sure that one was THE moment. ***

6:48 --- Goal 4-2 Spyros scored. For sure it was an insipid shot, just one shot every 100 attempts became a goal in a way like that, it was the 1/100 right attempt…besides this one and besides I didn’t change tactic, I was in a good position to defend his attack but I made another one of my errors: I tried to make a quick counter attack trying to make a direct longbow instead of to make a safety defence so he trapped the ball and he had the chance to shot on goal. Safety first next time!
In that moment I wasn’t sure of my supremacy, with that absurd goal in my eyes and remembering my stupid mistakes. I wasn’t so sure of myself. This one is the first step towards the… abyss… : )

7:41 --- Goal 4-3 Spyros scored. A really well contracted goal, he gained an important ball on the right, he found a very good pass shot with Barrett kicking perfectly the ball on the Barber’s feet than he made some good moves to crash my switching than he made a very good diagonal aftertouched pass shot so he finished with a perfect move & parallel shot.

7.55 --- My fourth goal missed. No comments, just watch it.

8.06 --- Great defence on Spyros, the goal was in the air but, as I did at 1:31, I wasted his dribbling even if the goal was really near.

8:14 --- Another one goal in the dustbin, the fifth one. I was starting to be nervous about my mistakes.

8:24 --- another one attempt, good position but I had a bad dribbling thanks to the good defending position of Spyros, I couldn’t make a direct diagonal shot, I had to dribble but I missed, I was starting to be really nervous about my repeated mistakes.

8:40 --- the most of the most of the most missed goals. After this one I can say that I will never win a world cup championship, it is not actually my tournament.

9.11 --- Good defence of Spyros, he stopped me in a good position, he chosen a perfect timing, remaining between me and the goal

9.22 --- Good defence by me on Spyros in front of the goal line.

9:39 --- Spyros' first goal missed. It wasn’t a easy goal like my sixth one but it was a clear goal the same.

9.48 --- Goal 4-4 Spyros scored. He missed the first one 10 second before, but he didn’t miss the second one. BTW, I don’t know why the hell my Cox was in the midfield circle. Maybe he was helping me to count the pixel of the radius, trying to understand if it is a real circle or it is an ellipse. Joking aside, I paid dearly the auto jump bug.

10:19 --- Great save by me on Spyros, he was waiting the right moment to kill the goal keeper while I came from behind and I cleaned the box.

10:43 --- End of the match.

Whatching the game I have to say that the world cup is ACTUALLY my forbidden tournament...
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:30 am

Thank you Gianni, great write-up.

Torchiador wrote:BTW, I don’t know why the hell my Cox was in the midfield circle. Maybe he was helping me to count the pixel of the radius, trying to understand if it is a real circle or it is an ellipse.

:lol:
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November