Woohoo relive the magic, this place is beautifull!

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Timon
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Woohoo relive the magic, this place is beautifull!

Postby Timon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:01 pm

Well this place could be really something, I downloaded and installed WINUAE just two days ago, re-discovered Kick off and not long after that I ended up at this wonderfull place :D . But I need some help/advice though. From what I get you guys are playing the 2.1v0.97, yet the versions I can download from the KOA website are 0.98 and 0.99, correct me if I'm wrong on this. Eventually I ended up with 6 different versions of KO2CV/Kaillera, I also got a copy of the original KO2 im my WINUAE games file and it seems to interfer with the KO2CV's causing glitches and bugs. Now this is making a mess of my PC again and to cut a long story short, I just want one proper version of KO2CV because that's all I need, so I wanted to ask you which version should I use, and can different versions interact with eachother? Make no mistake, I'm the future champion. I've got to practice hard though and become better then I ever was :D , and untill then I wont be playing online cause I would get my but kicked :wink: .
Some advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I will never say that this or that is better then sex, because people will question your active sex live. But KO2 makes me feel like a 16 year old boy again and sure enough gives me butterflies :P .

(sorry for my rusty english)
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:21 pm

WELCOME!! Pull up a chair and join in the fun :)

The KO2 version we currently use is KO2CV 0.99, which is a (heavy) modification of 1.4e

I guess you are running the kaillera build as single player. I have problems running this, although some others don't. So I use WinUAE for single player (where I usually lose), and the kaillera build for multiplayer online fun (where I usually lose)

Where are you from by the way?!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi Timon!

Welcome to the site! :) Hope you enjoy your time around here! 8) Just like you but about 18 months ago, I stumbled across this place after rediscovering KO2 on winuae!!!

I haven't got much time now but check out the Improve Your Skills thread that includes a section on playing on your pc!

If you're not interested in playing online right now then leave Kaillera alone. Just focus on Winuae and the latest version of KO2CV. I've several versions of it on my pc and they don't interfere with each other. Make sure you have the Winuae configuration file looking at the latest version. Alkis has written this which should help:

alkis21 wrote:Here is a complete guide.

Good luck and hope to see you around....
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:46 pm

Welcome mate!!! I only got back into this place back in March and since then Iv had a whale of a time! You will too!
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Timon
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Timon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Steve Camber wrote:WELCOME!! Pull up a chair and join in the fun :)

The KO2 version we currently use is KO2CV 0.99, which is a (heavy) modification of 1.4e

I guess you are running the kaillera build as single player. I have problems running this, although some others don't. So I use WinUAE for single player (where I usually lose), and the kaillera build for multiplayer online fun (where I usually lose)

Where are you from by the way?!

Thanks. Sound like I should use you like a sparring mate :P

KO2CV 0.99 is the one I've been using the most and on WINUAE, but I wasn't sure if it was a beta version or not. I guess I can throw all the other versions in the bin now, but I remember reading somewhere that 0.97 was used at the WC, which wasn't to long ago realy. I downloaded kaillera just for the eventual online games, I tried in single player ofcourse and checked out the other features. But it doesn't make much sense if you haven't agreed with somebody to play online. But can I ask you another question? Occasionally I want to save my replays but I can't do this with out a save disk, do you know how to create a formatted ADF file for WINUAE?

About my residence, I'll update the area to the left :wink: .
Timon
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Timon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Steve, Hey gdh 82, I've been reading your Improve you skills guide. Didn't get to the pc part yet, I'm just anxious to get started and there just so much to read :o .
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 pm

Welcome, future champ. :D Where are you from then?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 pm

alkis21 wrote:Welcome, future champ. :D Where are you from then?

I'm guessing he's from the original home of the KOA!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Timon
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Timon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:32 pm

The link gdh82 provided is very usefull, END+F1 did the trick. Still, saving is very vague. It just saves the replay , I 'm not getting redirected to the blue saving screen where you can select a location for your replay. So every time I save a replay it overwrites the previous one.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Steve Camber wrote:

Sounds a good bet... Timon, give your location so that others local to you can offer to host you for some games. If you are near Angeren Gunther will Bukkake for you....
Timon
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Timon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:54 pm

Semtex wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:

Sounds a good bet... Timon, give your location so that others local to you can offer to host you for some games. If you are near Angeren Gunther will Bukkake for you....

Where KOA's home located, Greece? I just got a greek name that's all, I'm from Holland, we should host a KO2WC down here some time.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 pm

It takes more than one for a bukkake! Gunther, give us a call if you need us.

:D

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:56 pm

Timon wrote:Where KOA's home located, Greece? I just got a greek name that's all, I'm from Holland, we should host a KO2WC down here some time.

The KOA was born in Holland so Steve made a correct guess. We had a world cup in Groningen in 2003.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November