World Cup : A word from Uncle Colin.

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

uncle_colin

World Cup : A word from Uncle Colin.

Postby uncle_colin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Great event. Epic.

I had 3 aims in this world cup.

1: Not to be beaten by a girl.

2: Not to play in the game of shame.

3: Enjoy the tournement enough so that it would give me some desire to actually practice and improve myself for the future.

And I got 3 out of 3. Only just.......

To be honest, Saturday started terribly for me, and that was before I even got out of bed. The night before, I got to the stage where I forgot to stick to the same drink, so after numerous different lagers and ciders, me Martin J (great bloke! nice to meet you!), and Martin B, had straight double whiskeys with bottles of becks.

Later on, I proceeded to smoke my first illegal substance in many years, and fell asleep.

Fast-forward 9 hours, and I was up against some of the worlds most elite with a bad pulsating fucker right between the eyes! Despite this, I still managed to enjoyed it. I didn't want a bit of self abuse to ruin my day, and I continued to drink cup after cup of water between each game, praying that the next guy would go easy on me, and that my headache would soon disappear.

By the time I was up against Astrid in my final game, after getting my first point in the previous game, my headache had still not gone, and I remember thinking that the only thing I'll be remembered by before dying from some abnormal brain disease sparked off by an allergy to weed, (for at that point, I had decided it couldn't be anything else) was that I'd be the 'first male KO player to lose to a girl'.

So you can imagine my rate of human suffering when I was 1-0 down, halfway through the second-half and the top casing on my joystick begain to snap. Something happened then, and I just remember thinking to myself, "score, go back to the hotel, have a bath, and have a good nights' sleep. 5 seconds from time, I scored, collapsed in relief, and congratulated myself on getting through the day.

And after a good nights sleep, I had a great second day, (ok, not much improvement KO wise, although I learnt how to win some matches and score a few goals), but the semis were great, as was the game of shame.

Great tournament.

Uncle Colin can only get better.........
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Well done on achieving your world cup ambitions John. Like you say, things can only improve.
labrujitaraymarjef
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby labrujitaraymarjef » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:06 pm

Uncle Colin, it was great to meet you too. That first night was such a laugh with you and MJB. When the bar girl came round and you grabbed those drinks - that was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. :lol: :lol:

(was it a girl or a guy?) they just looked and thought "why the fuck did you do that???"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So funny, I am PMSL right now thinking about it. :lol: :lol:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:58 pm

Great write-up John :lol: and shared your aims too mate! You're not alone by any stretch! My 40th position has more to do with BBob's shouts from the sidelines than anything else!

We'll get our friendly in one day too ;) And I'm sure we'll both get better...eventually :lol: 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:24 pm

gdh82 wrote:My 40th position has more to do with BBob's shouts from the sidelines than anything else!
Garry, I only gave the advice, you still had to carry it out. I thought you'd over hit it but you did it. However, I must admit to a tear in my eye as that free kick sailed into the net. It was beautiful dude. *sob* :lol:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:Garry, I only gave the advice, you still had to carry it out. I thought you'd over hit it but you did it. However, I must admit to a tear in my eye as that free kick sailed into the net. It was beautiful dude. *sob* :lol:

Cheers Mark! I'll always owe you one mate for helping create one of my personal magic moments of the wc! :gban:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:35 am

labrujitaraymarjef wrote:Uncle Colin, it was great to meet you too. That first night was such a laugh with you and MJB. When the bar girl came round and you grabbed those drinks - that was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. :lol: :lol:

(was it a girl or a guy?) they just looked and thought "why the fuck did you do that???"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So funny, I am PMSL right now thinking about it. :lol: :lol:

:lol: I forgot about that! It was a girl I think. Half of those drinks were empty anyway. I also remember going up to a random townie and asking him how his Ko tournement was going! I think he was gonna lamp me.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 pm

uncle_colin wrote:I also remember going up to a random townie and asking him how his Ko tournement was going! I think he was gonna lamp me.
You spoke to a local and lived to tell the tale! Truly the most remarkable achievement by anyone at this years world cup.
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:06 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:You spoke to a local and lived to tell the tale!

Obviously this local kept his trousers up with rope...
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser