Tactics

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:02 pm

May I insist in one thing:

The good players will beat you anyway. Get the tactic you like more, the tactic you find more enjoyable.

I would agree about most of the things Robert said, except his lob encouraging. No; and let me remark that I will never defend ethic rules against lobs and that kind of stupidity, but puting them as one of the main weapons is not a favour to our game.

We all know what they are, and how they work, but they still stink. They are a way of winning without playing. And worst of all, they are not even fun to do.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:07 pm

Robert Swift wrote:So, 532 and lobbing is one of the best ways to start.

the most depressing advice in the history of Kick Off :D

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:16 pm

Lobbing is a lethal weapon. You don't even need to play KO2. You can lob from everywhere and they are almost unstoppable because it's enough 50ms to perform a lob. Even if you dominate the game you can still conceed 2-3 lobs per game. It is happened to me many times, when my opponent can't shot then he will do it at KickOff. I remember a game when i wanted to keep down the score, but he scored 3 kickoff lobs...then i slashed him! :evil:
Lobbing will destroy the fun of the game because the best player will not win the match....only the luckiest one will do.
Many people are really limitated in using lobs, they could pass to the unmarked forwarder but they prefer to don't play and lobbing instead. My advice is don't lob, you spoil the fun.

Before i'm attacked by many people i admit my best strategy is "the diving on penalty areas".
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

re

Postby jbounias » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:16 pm

spyros i am waiting :D
I think that long passes and lobbing are easily intercepted by cpu , so you will just loose all of your possesion battle. So keep it low , only with human vs human its possible a fine long pass play, but with ofsside it gets pretty difficult. Dribling is the only way to keep you in the game.
(i remember myself keep making circles round the center for sooo long)
The Allan Holdsworth of ko
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby jbounias » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:18 pm

For practice of course :shock:
Circling is good for your dribling
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Hmm Rodolfo. Well I only score 2 lobs in every 50 goals.

But those 50 goals are made up of maybe 25 'types' of goal.

New players may score all types of goal but without meaning to or planning. They are simply flukes most of the time. The aim is to make the scoring deliberate, be in control, learn the goals one by one. Turn the 5 into 10 into 20 into 50. But lobs should maybe be the first 2 out of the 5, or 2 out of the 10. Like I say, some players don't get past these first 2. Dan Secker, Steve Camber, Steve Screech.....these people DO enjoy lobs. Sad bastards.

Anyway if it wasn't for lobbing I wouldn't have got to the Quarter Final, eh Spyros?
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

lobs

Postby jbounias » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:22 pm

its nice that in ko2002 this doesnt exist. I d like to see you in the pitch without those precious lobs.
jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby jesper » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:05 pm

Robert Swift wrote:Think of it like in the film Leon/The Professional. Leon (Jean Reno) is training a 12 year old girl (Natalie Portman) to be an assassin. First he teaches her how to use the sniper rifle. He says "You start with this. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you get to the target. The knife you will learn last of all." Lobs are your sniper rifle....Rodolfo might be pretty decent up close with his knife, but all the more reason for new players to put on body armour and shoot his head from 1000m away :)

Very deep, but I'm afraid this part will not make it into the FAQ! :D
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Has it ever occured to anyone of you that some people LIKE lobs? I, for once, have enjoyed scoring them since Day 1, I love watching the ball fall slowly in the back of the net, and it has nothing to do with wanting to win. I happen to like every single one of the goals you can score in Kick Off, that's why I call them all my children.
The KOA is almost 4 years old and still people use the "I only score nice goals, everyone else scores to win" argument.. surely it's gotten pretty old by now.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:35 pm

i didn't say that
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:36 pm

I think it's definite to agree that no-one enjoys conceding lobs. :D
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:43 pm

i just wanted to say that trying a lob is like to try to be lucky. At least if you try a lob from neutral position of the pitch. We all know where a lob could go in and this is why elite matches are not decided by lobs. But lobbing from all over the pitch it's like rely on the fortune and i honestly prefer to rely on my skills.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:51 pm

I agree Gianluca, but you need a lot of skill to beat a good defence (and yours is THE BEST).

It's fine for YOU to tell your opponents to dribble into your box and score because that's much better but the best % is for players to hit 10 lobs and hope that 3 go in. Because if they dribble at you 10 times then maybe they only get in your box 2 times and score 0 or 1. Makes sense World Champ?

I am sure you hate lobbing because it's the #1 goal scored against YOU! But have some sympathy for your opponents. A real champ can take any type of goal and still win.