Finishing

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Freshmaker

Finishing

Postby Freshmaker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:09 pm

Yeah, fucking yeah! It seems I'm finally starting to get my finishing right. In 4 games I beat the comp 7-0, 4-0, 8-0 and 14-0. My best result ever I think. :D

And I've found that I prefer pbd. My finishing-technique requires it, obviously. When playing 1.4 I just can't seem to get proper control over the ball to make my moves.

Gotta work on my skills a bit more, then I'll start training seriously on 1.4.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 pm

Freshy, Oracle PBD rocks mate. Glad you have worked that out for yourself (instead of someone telling you).

Its great especially for 1v1 against the keeper and gives you more options in my opinion :)

Also congrats, 14-0 is an excellent score, I think I have only managed better on about 4 occasions (and even thats just down to luck really)

If you can score 14 against the computer then keep trying. Try and play back to back games (about 15) and try to always score more than say 8.

A routine I do is to set myself a target of 9 goals. Then I will play say 8 matches and have to score 9 in every match. If I fail then the counter starts again (ie back to match 1)
Once I get to 8 matches I will make it 10 goals and start again.

The pressure really really gets to you and this is invaluable experience for keeping your cool in a real match. For example say you are 8-0 up in match 7 and there is 1 minute left you will find it soooo hard to score that vital 9th goal....but the more you practice the more you will find you keep your cool in that situation and thus also in a REAL match when you need to score in the last minute as well.

Its invaluable experience. Some people say you learn nothing from playing the CPU, but I wholly disagree and think you learn to handle yourself under pressure, or even just get used to scoring goals instead of thinking about them.

Keep going mate, 14-0 is very very impressive.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:23 pm

durban wrote:Its great especially for 1v1 against the keeper and gives you more options in my opinion :)

It's only good if you can't tap the ball. Taping the ball with PBD enabled is shit.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:10 pm

I know that Nikos, and that's why pbd is my game. :lol: Thanks for the vote of confidence though. :lol:

Thanks Durban.

And as I said, I'll play some more Oracle to see if I can keep it up, then start working on 1.4.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:53 am

Oracle? What a disappointment you are, Freshy! ;) Don't forget that sad goal (running diagonally towards the near post and shooting as late as possible), which works even better on Oracle (cause that version requires no skill whatsoever! :D).
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:13 am

If I had to gave some advice for improving KO... well, most of my games against CPU for many years were meanwhile listening and singing Beatles songs.

It is not that I have achieved a superb level as you know, or that Beatles help you scoring: the point is concentrating on something else out of the game itself. I believe it helps a lot to get an automatic way of playing.

And once you can play auto pilot, like a robot, you can begin developing real skills.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:19 am

Tripod wrote:Oracle? What a disappointment you are, Freshy! ;) Don't forget that sad goal (running diagonally towards the near post and shooting as late as possible), which works even better on Oracle (cause that version requires no skill whatsoever! :D).

Trips mate. That goal is ace, even if its scored 10000 times against me there are still occasions when it looks sweet. And sometimes it just feels so REAL when you score one.

I scored one last night after a brilliant move against the CPU and it felt so Special....I am actually being serious, that goal is one that I will never tire off especially when excecuted as part of a nice move :) (I presume I am thinking about the same goal, the one where you run at the post diagonally and the keeper comes out and you curl it inside him into the goal!!)
M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:21 am

Rodolfo wrote:If I had to gave some advice for improving KO... well, most of my games against CPU for many years were meanwhile listening and singing Beatles songs.

:lol: :lol:

Rodolfo you are ace. I realised the other night that listening to the Beatles helps me win online Poker. Its true, I played a load of games of poker and was losing lots when listening to my fave bands.

I then put the beatles on and started winning game after game.

Also the Happy Mondays seem to help me win for some reason!

:)
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:40 am

Beatles forever 8)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:20 pm

Tripod wrote:Oracle? What a disappointment you are, Freshy! ;) Don't forget that sad goal (running diagonally towards the near post and shooting as late as possible), which works even better on Oracle (cause that version requires no skill whatsoever! :D).

No worries Alex, I've got that one covered; however, I find it easier to perform that goal in 1.4 then in Oracle.

However, it seems that if I'd been aware of the insane differences in finishing abilites I have between Oracle and 1.4 I'd been playing Oracle loads more in Milan, hence winning more. :lol:
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:29 pm

Freshy, I find the goal easier in 1.4, however its easier in Oracle (in my opinion) to make a small adjustment if you aint on target, thus making it easier to score overall.... :)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:35 pm

Good point Mark.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:14 pm

The reason there are so many people struggle in this area is simple. They don't realize that finishing has allot to do with controlling the keeper. It's all about presenting the ball the right way to make the keeper move where you need him too most of the time. Remember, learn to control the keeper but it's easier said than done.
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.