Active Soccer 2 - PC version

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

broxopios
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Active Soccer 2 - PC version

Postby broxopios » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 am

I bought the game this morning. I played several matches and I like it.

Although, there are some things that I don't like.

1. First of all sprint doesn't function right. It's difficult to press properly the direction button. Maybe a third button for sprinting is necessary.

2. The auto switching for players has problems too. I've conceded too many goals trying to find the proper player to defending. Especially inside my defending area, the last defender goes ahead my goalkeeper and system gives me to control a player far from the opponent with the ball. Again a separate button would be very helpful.

3. The game gives you a lot freedom, but there are circumstances where after a pass, player is moving to a straight line at the point where the ball will end up, and we can't move him toward the ball, to catch it before the opponent for example.

4. Setting the game at 60fps make the game run in slow motion. Turn to 30fps and everything backs to normal. Any tip?

And some general proposals for future improvements.

Better ball physics
More challenging AI
More depth in career mode
Night matches

Oh and i got some random crashes.

TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:31 am

Hello,
I reply for points:

1. First of all sprint doesn't function right. It's difficult to press properly the direction button. Maybe a third button for sprinting is necessary.
Yes I understand there could be some difficulties in dashing, this is why I added a new button in Deluxe version

2. The auto switching for players has problems too. I've conceded too many goals trying to find the proper player to defending. Especially inside my defending area, the last defender goes ahead my goalkeeper and system gives me to control a player far from the opponent with the ball. Again a separate button would be very helpful.
The defenders are selected with the joystick movement, maybe you don't perform the right direction with your joystick. Also you can force manually the switching by pressing B button (pass button)

3. The game gives you a lot freedom, but there are circumstances where after a pass, player is moving to a straight line at the point where the ball will end up, and we can't move him toward the ball, to catch it before the opponent for example.
It's explained in the tutorial how to control the player receiving the pass. Just release the stick for a while and then you can gain the full control of the player

4. Setting the game at 60fps make the game run in slow motion. Turn to 30fps and everything backs to normal. Any tip?
It depends on your pc, but as well as the random crashes they should be solved with Deluxe version that will be available soon
broxopios
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby broxopios » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks for the tips.

When you say tutorial, you mean the ingame tutorial? I din't try it, because i can't choose controller. It supports only keyboard. Can i chooce somehow my controller?

About my ponts:

1. Nice. An extra button for dash is fantastic addition.

2. Oh i didn't know that i can change players with pass button. Thanks!

3. Ok, i'll try it.

4. Fantastic. Looking forward to Deluxe version!

I'm gonna try the tutorial even with keyboard. Thanks again for your help.