Active Soccer!

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Re: Active Soccer!

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi thanks for the feedback, i reply to your points

THFC wrote:1) No online game engine! In a contemporary online gaming world, how it is possible that such a poor online mode was implemented? And why it's taking that long to fix it??! Save your game Gianluca and make QUICK multiplayer online mode update. QUICKLY!!!!
Its frustrating to come everyday to look for someone to play with...and noone is there...how could you not made it properly????

Unfortunately this depends on 2 factors:
- there are few users that wants to play online
- i have underestimated factor #1 and i expected people to wait forever some one to play. This is was cleary a bad design decision.

But there is a fix:
- i'm porting the game to a more powerful engine that let me also compile the game for Android. And i already implemented a way to make online arrangements easier. Basically you are always "online" even if you are playing against CPU. As soon as someone is available the online match automatically starts. No more idle waiting. The new version it will be available in few weeks.
- i'm evaluating to drop the price to 1$ meaning i will earn less money but having customers more satisfied. 1$ -> more customers -> more online matches
- i have developed a unique feature: Active Soccer will be the first universal football online game where iOS and Android users can play each other. In this way you will find 2x opponents online when Android version will be released.

THFC wrote:2) No extra time, no penalties after the quick game. Its depressing. You can't be a winner or looser...you must repeat the whole thing for next 10 minutes becasue this quick and easy mode was not implemented...WHY???

This is an easy change but i honestly don't consider this a bug but a design choice.

THFC wrote:3) No proper advertisment. Sorry Foxy, but nowadays you must keep the game in top 50 for a year to make a community around it. You must advertise it, you must have reviews...I made one...and it was the only one??? Why no reviews? Why no advertisments...Why no brend and company names around the pitch? Pffffffff....

The reason for no proper advertisment is simple. I have no money to spend in advertisement; as soon as i send promocodes to website they ask for 100$ per review.

THFC wrote:4) Dead community. Active soccer forum have few registered members...and 3 or 4 actually!!! (including me) who wrote anything. The author should have put time to develop community. No work on this field...DEPRESSING!

I have honestly no glue on how to develop community. I have setup an official forum, a KO2 forum, a facebook page. Do you have any other suggestions?

THFC wrote:5) Many small bugs...no weather, no saving replays, no different pitches, no injuries, no default tatctics to choose, no career mode (!!!). Come on Gianluca...Those were the things that were in Kick Off or Goal! 10 years ago! You can't develope the game and don't care, unless you don't care if you succeed...and unless you don't care about your customers.
You can't say that you wanted put attention in some things and some not!
You can't build a house and don't care about the roof...This is so annoying...and unprofessional...:(
This game is looking like a demo, not a finished product. WAKE UP and make update, give all your customes news about it...and start everything again...

Active Soccer is the first step toward something more complex. But if you want to start a complex game you should make sure the core gameplay is developed in the good way. This is why i had to exclude many features i had in mind, it's better to proceed step by step. Anyway you should consider this game as Sensible Soccer 1.0 + online mode, but i really would like to add all the features i had in mind such as the carrer mode.
Anyway, in this moment i'm focused on Android porting and it is taking 3 months to get finished, i'm not sleepy in my opinion.

THFC wrote:OVERAL: Gameplay is GREAT, Graphics is Above good, Sound is GREAT, and this is really FANTASTIC game but it looks like it was published to early, without tests, without marketing, wthout any advertisment, without care....very, very unproffesionally!

It looks, like this was published only for old, diehard fans of Kick OFF...and that is not the way it should be.
This will make this game DEAD...in 1-2 months. It looks like it already is.
Very very depressing. Such a good game with such a big potential...and with such a great and catchy music intro which is perfect for advertising...

WAKE UP!

I honestly expect a community expansion boost with the Android release, and i will also release 1.3 version on Apple Store soon. It will be a better version and it will bring many online users.
Anyway i really appreciate your post and i'm really interested to know if you want to collaborate with me on promoting the game. I'm really too busy to follow also these advertisements aspects.
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 pm

THFC wrote:OVERAL: Gameplay is GREAT, Graphics is Above good, Sound is GREAT, and this is really FANTASTIC game but it looks like it was published to early, without tests, without marketing, wthout any advertisment, without care....very, very unproffesionally!

Gianluca have already answered you - and very nicely too. I however think you're not realizing the amount of work that goes into make such a game work - and that the online component alone is incredibly complicated, and time consuming not only get to work, but also to test and tweak it. To say Gianluca doesn't care about it is not only stupid - it's an insult! Maybe it's because you yourself care so much for the game, or you're immature, but I'd recommend that you chose your words more wisely next time.
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 pm

I second what Menace said. I did not touch your post for now, THFC, but you made a very poor start in this forum. I suggest that your next one is as polite as Gianluca's reply to you was. By the way, feel free to develop a better game of your own if you know so much about what needs to be done. We'll be glad to admit it's better and buy it full price when you're finished.

TheFoxSoft wrote:
as soon as i send promocodes to website they ask for 100$ per review.

Are you serious? :shock: Is this a common practice for iPhone and iPad titles?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Don't worry guys THFC is a "friend" and i would like to say him a huge "welcome" to our forums.
Honestly, THFC has some interesting and good points.
I consider his opinion really important, and a way to improve the game.
I'm also glad he likes the game.

@Alkis: yes, you should consider to spend 30-40k$ to have a decent marketing exposure
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Marketing exposure is one thing, but pay to have your game reviewed? Nobody ever asked me to do that.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
THFC
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby THFC » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm

First of all, thank you for reply.

2nd - and this goes to moderators - I made my opinion honest...and I wasn't rude at all. Some things in this GREAT game as i said, are totally unprofessional and that is what I said. If you want to delete those words just becasue you are a moderator here...and you dind't put any argument but you just tried to teach me politeness brings NOTHING to discussion...nothing at all.

All my points were ACCURATE!

Ok, so lets go to discussion Gianluca...

1) I accept some of your points and look forward to future updates. Really! I really care about this game as this is first game who has potential to be GREAT game since Kick Off and Goal times...

2) I suggest you next time you do something...don't say you work on another platform version unless you finish your product on the platform you already released the game. It looks like you wanted to start something...get money...and than look for updates. It is unprofessional...I know you are not a type of guy who do it for money. I am just saying, that it can look like it when you see it from some people's perspective.

3) Extra Time and Penalties along with weather are ABSOLUTE MUST for a next update.

4) You shouldn't lower the price of the game. Its cheap! Anything less then 3-4 euros is cheap. But when someone spend money on it - make sure it is COMPLETED product that is satisfing...and that will keep someone playing your game more times then few!

5) I can help with some advertisments. For example - you can make a post on your ACTIVE SOCCER page that you can sale place on boards around the pitch...and name some prices for it. How much games you must sell to get 100 euros? Many! And I am sure there will be few maniacs who can pay 100euros to get their company name and logo on the boards around the pitch. I am one of them so count me in!

5) I know how to make a community but it takes some time. I run 80s music forum that has 10.000 members. But it took me time, time, time. Discussions, answering questions...something to cheer for...
Your forum should have player discussions, showing replays, making tournaments...your forum lacks it. Its good that you made facebook page. You should make more news, arrange tournaments, make a league table, show some nice replays. This will make a community. If you don't have time, find people. Camilero is there? Maybe someone more? Maybe sometimes you?

6) Make update only when its finished, discussed with loyal fans, finished, and complete. Don't make it for the sake of just make it. Your customers won't return...if you dissapoint them. There is no room for errors.

Good luck. Its nice that we have finally (AFTER MONTHS) some discussion here...and believe me...its much more easier to write 2 words how this game is beautiful, and how great you are. BUT THIS WON'T MAKE YOUR GAME BETTER.
I am sure you understand it (moderators seems it differently I guess)

--------------
Another points for advertisments:

- sale places on boards around the pitch for money (as I said I am the first who can offer 100 euro for a place near the goal with my company name)
- make some people who run OLD RETRO sites and forums interested. People on those sites still play those retro games. You can make a combined deal - advertismet for advertisment. You get a banner for 1 year on the top Amiga site - someone get a banner near the pitch in your game! No money involved - big chance for new customers! Why not recommend this forum too!!!
- Use money you get for reviews and advertismets...this will make you grow even more
- Advertise this game NOT ONLY for old freaks - but especially - try to break into MAINSTREAM! this will give you a Legendary game status!
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm

What I reacted to, and commented on was that you said that he didn't care. Poor choice of words if anything - and highly INACCURATE. The rest of your comments are valid.

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:50 pm

What I would consider reacting to is the tone of your post. Critisism is a good thing, especially constructive, but it should be in a polite tone.
As the brits love to say, Keep calm and carry on. :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 pm

unfortunately thieves have stolen everything of my own including my Samsung galaxy s3. In this moment i'm busy to have just a normal life with credit cards, a proper ID, a phone and a proper house key.
I will reply as soon as i have a little free time.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Argh, what a nightmare :(
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

:(
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 pm

That's terrible! =(

Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Damn...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music