Throw In 0.86 - DOWNLOAD

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

JZ

Re: Throw In 0.86 - DOWNLOAD

Postby JZ » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Not sure if I had 0.85 or 0.86 installed (uninstalled & updated to 0.86 yesterday), but played TI for quite a bit over the weekend, mainly against the CPU (before had played mainly against humans).

First thought was I forgot how good the game is! AI is pretty decent, and if choosing a poorer side it is quite a challange to beat the top teams. It was fun to play, and if a Player Manager version was added on today, the gameplay doesn't seem to be far off ready tbh.

Things to improve:-

1) AI defending from crosses is really weak, which makes this quite an easy method to score. Couldn't work out the Italian names of the attributes in the team txt files, but if defensive positioning or heading are included, then defenders with high stats at least should be better at defending in these situations.

2) AI was still shooting sideways for one-on-ones on occasions, but I may have been playing 0.85.

3) Non-direct free kick takers still go for a random jog around the pitch before taking free kicks.

4) More variety with the AI's forward play would be good, especially to improve the atmosphere & feel of the game-
e.g. If (in general) North European sides played more long ball style, Italians more defensive, Spanish more attacking & less physically etc.

5) Also noticed a couple of bugs, but lost the replays I saved when re-installing. I can't remember all, but one was certain players wearing training bibs over their normal kit (these players also seemed to be slower, perhaps carrying injuries)

There also seemed to be a problem with the way aggregate scores are calculated- in the second round I lost the first leg at home to Barcelona 2-1, then beat them 4-1 away. However, in the next round (QF) I beat Olympiakpos at home in the first leg 4-1, but the game then made me play one half of extra time :? - possibly because the last match was a 4-1 away win, and the 4-1 home win in the next match made it 5-5 according to the computer? (although these matches were of course in different rounds. Also not sure why only one half of ET, but this may be because I added another goal to make it 5-1)

Anyway, if I find any bugs again I will save replays (also got memory access violations fairly often- the furthest I got in a champions league before crashing was the final, when it then crashed :evil: , but on the plus side that was 12 games before a crash).

Looking forward to the next version!
JZ

Postby JZ » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh, another couple of things I just remembered:

6) Player selection was a bit annoying at times, seems the full backs in particular have this problem. The circle may be underneath them, but it takes too long for the player to react and be under control. On one occasion at least, I checked the replay and the circle seemed to be flashing on and off before the player was properly selectable- maybe there were two players almost the same distance from the ball, and the computer couldn't decide which one was controllable?

This affects the AI as well as human players btw, and is one of the reasons why it is easy to score from crosses, as the AI full backs normally let the winger past without making a challange.

7) Another bug is occassionally the entire team becomes uncontrollable (seen it happen to both myself & AI) until that team has possession again from a set piece (i.e. goal kick, throw in or kick off after goal). When this happens, obviously you can easily run past the oppostion team and score (or the AI can do that to you). I'll try and save a replay if this happens again, to see if that sheds any light on why this happens, but again I may have been playing 0.85, and it may be fixed for 0.86.
Yoda
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 am

Just downloaded for my first KO style fix in about 15 years. Good fun, though I managed to get worse as I went on. Was struggling to get the hang of playing on keyboard, and not being able to use 3 keys at one is a hindrance. Anyone got a fix for that?

Is there a single match in 1 player mode. The friendly mode only let me continue if I chose 2 players and the Competition mode (which is very cool) is too long. i suppose I could start a comp and then exit it after 1 game, but I want to be able to practice against weak teams rather than playing top teams and getting frustrated at my own failings.

The other feedback point is the one that I think applies to every KO game up to now so I'm expecting to get flamed over this, so I'll download the KOs and see if this is different in TI.

I find it very frustrating that the AI responds to my movements in miliseconds but as a human I can't go that fast. All my movements with the ball seem to be shadowed by the marking player, yet when I get near their player in possession he veers off and loses me before I can tackle. And how come their players always come out with the ball when 2 players get close. I never seem to win a tackle without sliding in, and even that doesn't seem to like me as I often end up hammering the 2nd button to get it to slide. Maybe I should be able to make up for this by exhibiting Real Intelligence rather than Artificial Intelligence, but the number of Amiga joysticks that got destroyed is testament to how much this bothers me. Nowadays I hope I am calmer because chucking the laptop at the nearest wall will be much more expensive.

Apologies for the rant. Need to find time to practice now.
JZ

Postby JZ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Dude, I think you need to click on the teams you select for a friendly match twice to make them computer controlled
KattenPetter
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KattenPetter » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Hei

I am running vista 64 bit with a 4870x2. The menu items are invisible. Also after 2 minutes the game crashed with a memory error.
I hope you fix it, because you have made a great game:)
Maragenie
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Maragenie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 am

I'm gonna give this a shot.

EDIT: Does this work on windows7? I'm not getting much joy. :/
flokiman
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby flokiman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Is there any way to low camera height?
SirClive
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby SirClive » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Will it work on Mac?
spyros
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby spyros » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:32 am

Can someone please reupload the files posted here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14436 ? Thanks!
spyros
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby spyros » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Noone?
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello spyros, i reply as soon as i came back from holidays.
thanks for your interest
Gianluca
Elaphe
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Elaphe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello. First, congratulations for the game. Now, I'd like to comment on a problem I have. I'm using the keyboard and I notice a very unconfortable delay when in 'easy' mode, when changing the direction of my player. It sometimes takes shorter, sometimes larger, but it's not an instant response at all. However, in 'ace' mode, this doesn't happen. What's wrong? It's a pity because I feel the easy mode much more to my liking, but the lag is very annoying. Thanx.
DannyM
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby DannyM » Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Yo! - Will this work with Win 7 64bit does anyone know? I'm having trouble starting it. I've tried compatibity mode etc.

Dan.