21st KOA Kick Off 2 World Cup - Torremolinos, 18-19 November 2023

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Freshmaker

Re: 21st KOA Kick Off 2 World Cup - Torremolinos, 18-19 November 2023

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:04 pm

:)
Giuliano wrote:Since when i was young, I always wanted to do a world cup on Kick off 2.
I did not know that existed.... until this year.

Now, i did it. :P
It was a great experience with so many wonderfull People.

Playing kick off with so many experimented People was a Dream.

I will certainly come to the next world cup to take a revenge. :wink:

A very big thanks to all the organizers for this beautifull world cup.
Hope to see you all next year.

Molto perfetto Giuliano! See you next year, for sure!!!
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:05 pm

Rodolfo wrote:The Torremolinos World Cup is over. It begun as an idea, about one year ago, and it would have never become a reality without the work of an exceptional team.

Thanks all for a sweet WC!!!
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:00 pm

The Torremolinos World Cup is over. It begun as an idea, about one year ago, and it would have never become a reality without the work of an exceptional team.

I had the idea to host a WC in Málaga. Samu and Fran agreed in december to go for it.

This first idea had to be corrected soon, because the prices of Málaga city were too high. Samu and David pointed me to do it in Torremolinos, and that was the right choice.

Then Luis knew about our plan and offered to bring six amigas, and he did it with enthusiasm while texting "this is the reason I have been saving this collection all my life!"

Then Fran and Samu contacted a retro association in Málaga that would provide for free all the TVs we could need. So we really had the basics covered, and the plan was announced to the KOA world.

Alkis provided us with the excellent webpage he had created for the previous WC, and adapted it for this edition, working all year on doing updates and sending mass emails to players.

Queen Maria Chiara did the tournament logo, which we all loved from the beginning, while king Gianni designed the perfect pitch.

After that Samu and Fran took charge of personally inspecting the venue, buying trophies, medals, t-shirts, looking for dining options, and did everything only the locals could do.

Besides them, we have had the permanent support of Steve C, with his great software and plenty of extra hardware at the WC weekend. Also have received all through the year the best advice and corrections by other KOA elders as Alkis, Gianni, Jorn, Mark and Robert.

I managed to hire my nieces Clara and Elisa to enter the results, and after that we were ready to go. Well, or so I thought.

Then throughout the actual WC a lot of issues arised, and cannot thank enough the support that i have received by the aforemention elders, and also must praise the good disposition and ability to solve problems under pressure shown by Rusa, Fran, Samu, and David.

The World Cup came and went, and it did more or less alright, it did not collapse, because of the wonderful team of clever and hard working people that have shown their best behaviour and their huge generosity, being always ready to work and supervise many details.

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart to the following people who made it possible:

Alkis
David
Fran
Gianni
Jorn
Luis
Maria Chiara
Mark
Robert
Rusa :love:
Samu
Steve C

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.