20th Kick Off 2 World Cup | The Stories

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Freshmaker

Re: 20th Kick Off 2 World Cup | The Stories

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:33 pm

Fantastic story Lorenzo! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to next time. :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Thanks for your amazing story, Lorenzo and please, don't say bulls*, you fully honoured the final, the Holy Shield and the whole KOA, you gave a new finalist to the world cup, thing that wasn't happening since 2016. You have been inspiration for every player as your road to world cup was something epic. Everyone would have loved to be in your pants. A story to tell to your grandsons on your knees rounded the fireside. Enjoy yourself and don't stop doing it as what you did is something special.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:40 am

Once you reach the semifinal stage, usually you have a couple of hours waiting all the other matches to finish, beside bronze cup and silver cup finals. I rested a bit then I wanted to keep on moving my hands to not arrive at the key matches too cold so I trained a bit Gabriele who had to face the Silver Champion Rodolfo. Also Alessandro trained him a lot. I saw him ready at a point and I let him to focus on his match.
Alessandro again helped me to keep my hand warm for the big screen.The more the time passed and the more the tension was high. It was just amazing that Gabriele won the Silver cup title. I was very happy for him although, on the other side I was sad for Rodolfo. The big problem to have many friends in a competition, is that a friend of your have to win and the other friend of your have lo lose. Of course I know Rodolfo since 2004, I try to sit next to him at any koa social event we join while I know Gabriele just only for one year but you know, in an international competition like the World Cup , the patriotic spirit may have some magic so I was supporting Gabriele.

Went the time to face Fabio then. Fabio arrived at the big screen sit with 16 victories in 16 matches. perfect world cup so far. in our last double header he beat me in Bournemouth winning the Holy Shield. Fabio along his brother Mario were the most trained players at the world cup playing basically every given day/night. if that wasn't enough, among the Italians we have an inside joke with Fabio. Along to be a deadly lobber, he is known also for his proverbial lucky shots. So much and so often that as soon as somebody scores an unexpected lucky shot, we say: "Fabietto". So a player strong and lucky. a deadly mix. Said that I, had a very good record with Fabio though. in friendlies and in official but it was happened that they (Fichera Brothers) said that it was true I beat him widely more, but he wins when it really matter. Well, besides to get the final, my target was also let them remember who they where talking about. You know, people some times have got short memory.
I remember starting the match thinking: if he scores one of his, I have to stay calm. If he scores one of his, I have to stay calm. If he scores one of his, I have to stay calm.
I scored the first goal and then he equalised scoring actually one of his. Please check video to see if I was really able to stay calm. https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxVPGFkogR4-OMlQplg6cM2yYF9Fp2ZnxI
Shortly later I passed a mid air ball from the right side aiming to convert the header and it went so. The good news was that the header was performed by Fabio! That made the pair with the own goal I scored in Bournemouth in our second leg world cup final.
As cherry on the cake (of shit) he scored the 2-2 goal in extra time; the half time whistle arrived a fraction of second after that the ball crossed the goal line. Fabio’s essence in just five minutes. https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHIVl7PoKU8dXWbis5vYTH1LHcin9Mtji

At least that time I managed to stay calm like nothing what happened more or less and I have to admit that in my head that was so: nothing happened. I had 15 minutes left and I even haven’t started to play yet. I was very focused to not concede anything, to limit goals at the very minimum. Anyway Fabio scored at the beginning of the second half and it was a very tense fight. That was the only moment in which Fabio had a foot in the final. I then equalised without conceding him to respond. Then arrived the sliding doors moment, at the end of the match on the 4-3 score for me Fabio stole a ball and performed a very good counter attack changing from right to left side. He shot the ball with Fisher out of question.

The ball seemed inevitably directed in the net for the equalising goal but my R. Curtis had a different plan, saving the ball and the match with a mighty header. I remember I heard the whole tournament room with a huge “Oooooooohhhhh”. Memorable moment. https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSKdyjjRA-ZoF35cjYhKxKpqj3vXPli20

Also for Fabio arrived the first lost. rovinato tutto.

In the second leg I played I strategic match. As usual I avoided to use 424 when he had ball possession and 442 switched on but I even decided to not switch back on 424 unless I was in total possession of the ball (goal kick/free kick/throw in)to avoid useless risks of counter attack. On my side I knew two things. In lockout I had no problem at all stopping his killer pass, which is 90% of his copy past goals. the rest were lobs so I was focused to garrison the hot spots. The second, I knew that with my ball control I could make some serious damage also staying stick to lockout.

The plan worked very well and even if the gap wasn't wide, he couldn't even score a single lob and kick off lob so, slowly I was working on it. In the second half I performed what I think it was one of my best goal of the this world cup specially because it was a semi final, specially berceuse it did really matter: I made a long run with Barreto and then passed the ball to Barber, right outside the penalty box, then I started a sequence from outside to inside and from inside to outside closing with a diagonal shot. in that moment I knew that was the knock out punch and I shouted my Jawohl! https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx9-goar26fkBu6953rnR5bEYxupvFDKmq

To let Fabio to understand it wasn't a lucky shot, I performed another one very similar two minutes later. The final score of the second leg was 7-2 , good enough to get my 12th world cup final.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:13 pm

It is great to read and then watch the short videos, very cool.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:22 am

Some people, especially if they don't get a lot of time away from work, see as much as they can when they are on holiday, as quickly as they can, taking lots of photographs, and then when they return home, they build a photograph album, and then they can relive their holiday at a more relaxed speed. I didn't take a lot of photographs (although I'll put a few on the other thread) but after getting through all my work commitments, I am delighted to read all these stories above and see everyone else's photographs to remind me of this brilliant weekend (and all the scorelines!), and to let me catch up on what I missed.

My alarm on Friday morning was 03:45 GMT but I guess the excitement made me wake at 03:15 which gave me time to double check I had everything I needed - I realised I'd forgotten headphones but then I realised my new phone doesn't have anywhere to plug them in... After driving the entire M61 at a speed impossible in daytime traffic I was at Manchester Airport in time for a leisurely breakfast. I was very glad of my window seat that allowed me a wonderful view over the Ionian and Peleponnesus as I arrived for my first ever visit to Greece.

After one efficient subway ride to Monastiraki and two wrong turnings walking through in Chinatown I reached the hotel and it was great to see Michele, the last person I saw when leaving Bremen in 2019. Soon after Steve Camber arrived too and I had the pleasure of him guiding me all around the Acropolis, past Hadrian's library, Hadrian's gate, seeing the sun set from the Odeon, and seeing the moon and Jupiter rising over the Parthenon from Areios Pagos.

I love the Friday evenings when more and more people I've not seen for 12 months (and 36 months on this occasion) appear. The night bar was great, Samu kept my beer glass topped up, and Spyros did a great job of teaching me the local history and politics. I was very merry leaving the bar and convinced I could speak fluent German, although when the underground was closed and we had to look for taxis (good work by Rodolfo there) I found myself unable to count to nine.

The Saturday opening ceremony was the best of the World Cups I've been to, a marvellous effort to entertain and make everyone feel welcome, and I think it's a compliment to our community that we have new entrants to every World Cup.

I usually try to start with a game I can't win and I had a happy five seconds against Fabio when I equalised before he instantly lobbed me on his way to 7-1. Next I had an even battle with Cornelius but he took his chances better than me and I quietly put to sleep any dream I had of the Gold group.

Next came four games against new Greek opposition - I edged out Kostas O 3-2 but then Panayotis did the same to me. I tried to hang on against Nikos but he pulled away soon after half time, finishing 5-2, and then Spyros went one better. Finally I faced Michele who seemed very down about his day, I was sympathetic after the game, but not during it, and the win placed me fifth.

Lunches in the hotel were an excellent idea and really well done. Saturday night was great, quite a few curious sights as we walked through Athens. It was a real pleasure to chat to Spyros and his wife Tatiana, and to get to know Gabriele too; and it's very unusual for me not to be able to finish a meal. I got to learn more history and politics with Nikos, Panayotis, and Robert, and the pleasure of a drink from the restaurant owner, before a spectacular walk through the gathering storm, reaching the hotel just as the clouds burst. I was torn between a much-needed bed and Robert's idea of a rooftop drink watching the lightning, and I only made the sensible decision because a trio of giggling teenagers had pushed every button in the lift.

My first Sunday game was Michele again, and I think the rest was good for him. I scored 4 again, but he was on fire and I was well beaten. I could not relax in a tight win over Klaus, I got my biggest win of the weekend against Ektoras, and then came my only televised game, against Manfred. It was a pleasure for me, and I think the spectators too, with four equalisers and an own goal each, before I drew clear. Manfred, I'll buy your apron off you if you don't want it! Antonis was next; he had me very worried but seemed to lose confidence towards the end, I think he underestimates his skills.

This meant a victory against Rodolfo and the Silver Cup was still possible. I played as well as I did in any game, but when one goal ahead with three minutes left, I knew I must score another if I wanted to win, and sure enough I could not resist his skills forever and ended with my only draw of the weekend. My energy was spent and I was picked off by Kostas K.

Sadly I needed to leave for work on Monday but the well-organised event left me plenty of time to say my goodbyes and I followed the results of the important games on the app in the airport.

Thank you to our superb hosts, I cannot think how it could have been organised better.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:37 pm

Lovely write up, Ian! Thank you so much!
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:23 am

Thanks Gianni, and I should have said congratulations! Plus an Italy 1-2-3, great clips, and that is hilarious Samu identifying you at the airport. Thanks also for Alkis, Lorenzo, and Rodolfo for their write-ups, it is not possible for them to be too long. Great statistic Alkis! Here's a test - is Robert the only person to make the quarter finals as the lowest scorer in both Gold groups? I forgot to mention my rooftop swim before the Saturday meals - the wind and the shower were cold and the pool wasn't a lot warmer - I learnt erfrischung is the word - but seeing the stars and the Parthenon made up for it. And finally, I'm not the first to say it, but I did miss Jorn and Andy.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:41 am

iankay wrote:Here's a test - is Robert the only person to make the quarter finals as the lowest scorer in both Gold groups?

Well spotted, Ian, and the answer is YES. In all the world cups where we had a Round 2 group stage (2, 4 or more groups), this is the first time that the lowest scorer of Round 2 makes it to the top 8.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm

I was so nervous that in between the big screen games I wasn’t involved, instead of to stay watch them, I was more in the toilet holding my hands under hot water trying to warm them a bit. Besides this, such matches were so thrilling that i really couldn’t watch it! Too much tension for my weak heart! I’m not kidding, I think that to me it been one the most fascinating semi finals I attended. Nearly the one between Sandro and Spyros in Rome 2007. Sentimental side a parts, it’s been one of the most entertaining semi finals ever.
I don’t remember if we had another low scoring semi final leg like that.
Anyway I couldn’t to not watch the final minutes of the second leg, specially because I was already qualified and I wanted to see who would have played next to me in the final.
Of course I was supporting Lorenzo but he was clearly the underdog. Chris in his perfect day could lift the Holy Shield. And probably it will be so, the day he will handle the tension of the big screen matches. He was clearly good but he missed a lot of approaches that could have drastically changed the story of that semifinal.
On the other side Lorenzo is a guy used to play with the pain. In the mud of a low scoring match he is in his comfort zone. But also for him the tension was tangible. Anyway the mistakes of both the players happened while attacking in the opponent box. Instead they both defended very well.
Probably in proximity of the Holy Shield, gravity force is stronger and PBD is more difficult to handle.
Anyway, I think Lorenzo overcame himself in the end of the second leg, when Chris found the sudden reversal equaliser shot. At that point I thought that Lorenzo was done. Instead, finally, instead of to make slow play waiting for the extra time like he would have done in the past, he played an all in attack founding the most important goal of his career.
At the final whistle I was so happy for him that I barely held back my tears for the joy. These fucking years of covid made all of us so sensitive. :)
Few minutes later I went in the antechamber of the tournament room disturbing Lorenzo who was calling home and I think we had a nice moment there. Then we went to see what was going on on the big screen. What happened there was the final ingredient for the Italian pasta party: in the year in which Italy is disqualified from the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, the KOA World Cup had 3 Italians on the 3 steps of podium. for the first time in KOA history a country podium.
Alkis joking was saying: too many Italians! :D Along with Gabriele’s victory in the Silver, best attack, best defence, revelation of the year, koa lifetime award, I DO think it’s been an irripetibile astral conjunction. But it was really happening!
Now just one thing was missing.

The final is always a story apart.
I knew Lorenzo was very well prepared. But a thing is to be well prepared. A different thing is to play well, to have mentality, to have consistently. Lorenzo showed all this stuff at any stage of this World Cup impressing everyone inside the tournament room and at home in live streaming so the question was one. Could he finish what he started? He was passed through a so difficult quarter and semifinal, at that point everything was possible. Specially with the right opponent very expert to lose finals in the most resourceful ways. Also the most successful to be true but this is just a detail if you think the last time I won was 8 years ago and in the meanwhile I lost 4 World Cup final in a row.
I was in a very danger situation though. I was bloody happy! Happy for Lorenzo, happy to have a final with him and in general happy for what was happening.
That state of mind is, generally speaking, something very good of course! But in front of a final, probably it isn’t best way to approach to it.
Because at times the thought “I would even happy in case of lost”, crossed my mind.
You know, an innocent thought like that may play some trick.
Because, even if I wanted to win and I wanted it at 100% , that sentiment in a way or in the other, could affect my way to play.
But again I learnt something from my defeats, in this case the Bournemouth’s teaching helped me a lot.
With Lorenzo we have been sparring partner each other in these months. I enjoyed for his successes. We were very good friend before these 20 minutes of final. We would have been very good friends after these 20 minutes of final. But during that 20 minutes I do not have any friends. Just one ally, my slik stik.
Lorenzo helped me to fix that in mind starting the very beginning of the final with a kick off lob. I wasn’t prepared because rarely he tries this with me but luckily for me the shot was short.
He was guarding very well and I did so too but somehow I showed up in his PB a couple of times. He was good to stop me and when he couldn’t the post and Fisher did their job.
On the other side he showed up in my PB a couple of time without to shoot on target but at least once he was in the perfect spot for a Jawohl goal. In that case he was me to make good guard.
In the tournament room there was a religious silence because the situation was intense. dunno if in any other final there was a so long initial 0-0. It really seemed that Lorenzo could make again the super defence like he showed for the 4 games straight between quarter and semifinals. That seemed possible for sure.
Anyway, although I was very nervous and my hands were very cold, I was in total control of my head and very confident in my joystick. I was fine tuning to find the good approach in the box.
I eventually found a leak in Lorenzo’s dam after 4’15”. Not a case the goal came with a non routine play on one of my vintage penalty box approach: the in-sideout-in.
The wall that was unbreakable for so long time, was finally open and in the following 30 seconds I scored twice again. I liked a lot the first of the two because I was still in lockout to stop his possible KOR and in counter attack I scored after a long dribbling avoiding also his sliding foul.
The first half was 3-0. A good way to start.
In the second half I continued to to force and the fine tuning I did in the first half worked quite well as I scored 4 times again. The final score was 7-0. A good lead to enter in the second leg but I was focused and I entered in the match like I had to overcome a 0-7 lost head.
I was the first one on the board again, scoring a rare lob of mine then finally arrived the first World Cup final signature for Lorenzo, I congratulate him.
I continue to play and score and in the second half, for the first time in the whole week end I finally felt my hands warming up. I was starting to elaborate that it was really going to happen again.
We scored the unique two kick off routine in the whole final and they went one each. One following the other one.
After that Lorenzo scored a very nice ally oop header that softly touched the inferior part of the crossbar. Luckily for him we were in Athens. In Landskrona’s final that goal wouldn’t have been assigned.
With warm hands I was even able to score a nice all first touch action that I particularly loved. https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxceFCMfpWDn1xufQ4Uc1IQ85kApcvWzRB
Lorenzo had the honour to score the last goal of the World Cup and eventually arrived the final whistle. After that we had huge hug. It been memorable for both of us.
Congratulations again to Lorenzo for his amazing performance. To be improved so much these years thanks to the hard work he did. I tell you a secret: the very most of former world champions lost a final before to claim the Holy Shield in the last 15 years. It’s up to you to not break the tradition and engrave your name.
To me It’s been a big surprise to know (later) that also my family was cheering for me live during the match. Don’t know if I said as many thanks as Steve deserved. Well, thanks also for that. The celebration started then!

After a very long wait I finally could lift the Holy Shield again. The last time it happened, Alice wasn’t born yet and of course Ettore doesn’t have memories of that. Now both of them are old enough. I remember when I went at home they were so happy that we started celebrating once again! :)) they welcomed me with sparks of admiration in their eyes, they understood to be the sons of Kratos! :D
After the hugs I shared with anybody else in the tournament room, it was time again for Alkis showing another one of his masterpieces. The final ceremony. He didn’t forget anybody. He even had a word for Dino and Steve.
A word for the KOA lifetime.
Of course I KNEW.
Alessandro of course DID NOT.
That was the only thing that saved me to be in tears like others in the tournament room.
It’s been a moment there, spite the emotion Alessandro found very nice words. I think everyone wanted to hug him, so Frank did it for all of us.
I remember the first time the koa lifetime was assigned. It was an invention of Alkis. In 2008. He Was Steve receiving it, I remember well his voice broken from the emotion, I was moved too.
I remember also another moving moment, again it was Athens 2008. That time it was a Video mounted by Garry at the opening ceremony. There were a load of pictures about past tournaments we had in the 2000s. I felt it very lovely and moving. So many trips, so many good moments. I couldn’t barely figure out that now, in 2022 we would have been here with many and many other stories to tell, new friends, new challenges.
Athens has got something magic. Maybe as I told already, we could be more sensitive because of the two years pandemic but I think it’s been all fantastic for everyone. The organisation that Alkis showed with such a professional but friendly way was something that from a side, made everything to work smoothly and from the other, let us to feel strongly welcome by him and al the Greek friends there.
Anyway, among all these masterpieces Alkis did, the biggest one was for sure Nephele. Well, a Roula masterpiece actually but why should we go into details now. Thanks to let us to meet her and thanks that you showed her what is the KOA.

The last time I felt moved this year, it didn’t happen in the tournament room. It was after the ceremony at the rooftop bar of hotel. I joined there before to go to the restaurant while there were already few koaers at a table. I remember among them Rod, Rob Thor and Chris. Seemed they were chatting then I understood they were in a video call. On the other side of the telephone there was Andy. I felt really moved saluting him him from behind a mobile screen instead of behind a beer together with all of us. I really hope this is the first and last time he misses a World Cup.
Among those who I was missing (we were missing, actually) very much this year there was of course our Durban. Hope to see you soon man!

We walked then to the last official kOA World Cup social event of the year. We had another amazing dinner. I never use to eat and drink well so, again and again and again next time! Along the food of course we had very nice time spent together talking about more or less everything. I love sach moments, as said I did my best to record everything and now and then I'm on my mobile to listes your voices and see your faces.
We had then the last meeting at the rooftop bar. It was about to close (it was late) but Alkis said to the waiter that they were in the presence of the fucking 5 times kick off 2 world champion so they accorded us half an hour more for a beer or two before to throw off all of us down from the rooftop (with kindness). We had a very nice chat talking about where and how to host the next World Cup. You know, World Cup organisers never rest!
Then It’s been goodbye times with most of them like Alkis, Nikos, Panos, SteveC SteveB and Rod. cheers dudes.

I was pleased I have seen few or them at the Monday breakfast, like Thor, Chris , Frank and Cornelius.
There should be Robert as well but he was still sleeping. I wanted a last hug for me but sadly it was time to go already as the acropolises was waiting for us.
The unexpected happened then: we were about to leave the hotel when suddenly Robert arrived. I was very happy to have my final hug but instead he joined the Italians at the acropolises so we spent the the day together. We also joined Frank and Cornelius to have a very good lunch (again there was Panayotis’ hand on it) and it’s been lovely to still have a bit of time together.
Then we went to take a coffee, again on the KOA rooftop and Robert took his last sun shine of the year :)
We went in commercial area to take something for our families then it went the time to come back at the airport and come back home.

It wasn’t only the best week end of the year but it’s been one of the best of my life.
I believe I already said thank you to anyone but once again I want to thanks Alkis for all above.
You all that joined the World Cup, the ones who wanted to be there but couldn’t. we felt your love in the tournament room, hope you felt that we all reciprocated the feelings.
A big thanks to everyone helped to make this event possible.
A last thanks to Cousin that besides to training me on the pitch, had also a huge part in my mental training. MA TUUUU :D
I’m sorry if I have been so long. My wait was so long as well so I liked to write a bit. If you want me shorter just let me win next year and I assure you a very short write up!
I wrote many thing and I hope that, in what I wrote, to not have offended anybody and, if I did it do, probably it was intended! It is me, in the good and the bad.
So hope to see you soon and in the worse of the cases, next year.

Cheers and Marry Christmas to you all!

Gianni
LORENZO L
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby LORENZO L » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:49 pm

Thank you Gianni for your story it's nice to see the side of view of each person, we could write a movie script one day ... We had a really good time regardless of the results and for me a memory that I will always carry in my heart
Silver Cup 2010 Dusseldorf, Germany
Best Defender 2016 Milan, Italy
Silver Cup 2018 Bournemouth, England
2° Position 2022 Athens, Greece
World Cup presences n° 11
kanu2021
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby kanu2021 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:42 am

This world cup has been an unforgettable experience for me.

Ever since I met Rodolfo and he showed me what the KOA is, I never stopped thinking about participating in a Kick Off 2 World Cup. Since 2020 I was determined to participate and this year the time finally came. The only setback we had on the trip is that Fran was made to show the Telemach 200 joystick at an airport checkpoint, what a weird joystick! They asked him, what the hell are you carrying in your suitcase. Several beers later we arrive in Milan and at the boarding gate I see Gianni, I've seen his face in videos of previous World Cups on Youtube, we don't have the slightest doubt that it's him, so Fran and I went over to introduce ourselves and also we met the legend Alessandro, we had a good chat before the flight to Athens. Before boarding I showed my joystick to Gianni and I told him: look, with this joystick I'm going to beat you... SPOILER... he beat me 11-2. Arriving at the hotel I liked seeing some familiar faces like Frank y Cornelius, and finally meeting Steve Baker, Chris and Manfred in person, and of course seeing Rodolfo and Jaume again was great. And I finally got to shake hands with Steve The Boss Camber at the Green Rose Beer, there was food for an army and best of all I had a tank of beer next to me. All the dinners were very good, 5 stars for Panayotis.

My first match in the World Cup was against Vasilis K, with 25 seconds to the final whistle the score was 4-3 and we finished 5-5! https://youtu.be/NO8Tg5FOn5E?t=3716 - , then I get a win against Ektoras in a game with many goals and a draw against the great Gabriele, then I face Lorenzo who crushes me 6-2, he is really unstoppable. I get another win against Kostas but I find it difficult to be in the top four because I have to play against Alkis and Steve C, surprisingly I get a win against Alkis https://youtu.be/KJkK9TnRshA?t=1743 that makes me dream of qualifying among the First 4, and finally, although I lose against Steve C (The Lob bast.... I mean The Lob Master) https://youtu.be/KJkK9TnRshA?t=4411 I manage to reach fourth position! Tomorrow I expect very tough matches!

On the second day of the tournament I was very nervous, I didn't want to concede too many goals and I wanted to win at least one game. All my nerves disappeared playing with Robert, what a great person, what a great player, I was lucky to beat him 1-0, the lowest result of the tournament! only one goal!

The match against him gave me the chance to lose the matches, but much calmer :), great Robert. I was last in my group but had a great final battle with Frank for the 15th 16th position which he finally won with a shout of JAWOLL!!!! Bravo Frank, well played.

I loved both the opening ceremony and the closing ceremony. Meeting so many people who love Kick Off 2 as much as I do and being able to go with my best friend Fran was a great event for me. It was great to see that you are all kind and polite people, I really felt being among friends. I was surprised to see people playing with keys like Kostas K, but the most amazing joystick was undoubtedly Steve B's, a piece of engineering.

I want to thank everyone who took care of the organization because everything went perfectly. And I also want to thank Steve Camber because without his Kick Off 2 Online I never would have learned how to play. It's a shame to have arrived 22 years after all this started, but I feel very proud to have been able to participate, and I hope to be able to do so for many more years. I don't know if I'll do better next year, but I do know that I'll have a good time with all of you.

See you next year!!!

Samu G
Samu
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:02 am

Another fantastic story, thank you Samu and the rest who helped us revive that glorious WC

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 am

Better late than never, Samu! Thanks for your lovely story!