WORLD CHAMP: GIANNI TORCHIO! - All WC Results in Page 1

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: KO2 World Cup Voitsberg - Draw and Results

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Go camber. :gban:

Gftq
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:01 pm

- Go Jacob! Go Sweden!
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:50 am

Oliver? What was that man?? Come ooooon. Hope you're saving the good for last!

Where's the results? I wonder what Alkis has been doing in A in order to get a higher attack count than Gianni... (btw 2 wins for Astrid! Way to go! :gban:)

Predictions for the 16:
E - Alkis, Alessandro
F - Spyros, Ektoras
G - Gianni, Oliver (no, really, somebody tell me how does Nikos always end up in such groups?!)
H - Luca, Fabio
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 am

Hello all. :)

FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD UPDATED WITH DAY 1 SCORES

Kostas O wrote: Does anyone know how will they play in the play offs? Is Alkis vs Spyros a potential semi-final?

It is not. If we come first in our groups today and survive the semi-finals, it will be Alkis Vs Gianni and Spyros Vs whoever (I really have no idea who will make it, it's all very open as you can see). Of course it's still WAY TOO EARLY to say this; if one of us comes second in the group stage, then we'll play against each other in the quarter final again.

Panayotis7 wrote:I wonder what Alkis has been doing in A in order to get a higher attack count than Gianni...

Well, playing two more matches than him was a good start! :lol:
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:41 am

Hmm, I was actually wondering the same myself (about Gianni not the topscorer).

Btw, now we´ll see how the fixture Oliver vs Nikos will up like. Fashinating, when talking about scoring, look at Olivers scoring from day one, it´s way, way more than his opponents. Noone else is even close. Only one point separated nr 2 and 4 in that group. Still a good chance Oliver will do well today and that it was only due to the fact that a swedish player was in Olivers group that cocked day 1 up for him.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 am

- Thanks for the results!

Checked them thure and a few of them is more surpricing than others. First, it´s not about having a laugh at the favorite that dropped points. Big favorit teams that drops is (imo) amusing in real soccer as well as in kickoff2. Also, it is good that these results occures to make everything more exiting. A proof that the underdog really can cause upset. I clearly remember all the matches when i have caused an upset (or been close to) vs the absolutely big guns in ko2.

Eyecatchers:

Fabio - Lorentzo 7-7
Fabio only lost points vs Alkis and...Lorentzo! VERY surprising result.

Knut - Spyros 5-5 and 3-4
Knut seem to be big time trouble for more players than Swift. Two VERY impressive results by Knut vs the two times champion, Spyros!

Alex - Ektoras 1-10
Alex is an experienced player. Once again reaches the top-16. It is not a coincidence, he is a reliable player. Thus 1-10 vs Ektoras did surprice me.

Jacob - Oliver 4-3, 6-5
Ok, I knew Jacob would do well. I knew he had very good chances to qualify, but 6 points vs 1:st seed Oliver is a shocker! These two results decided the position for Oliver.

Rodolfo - Alessandro 6-3
Also a surpricing result. Rodolfo struggles during day 1 but this is a CLEAR win for Rodolfo vs one of the stronger players in this tournament.
waynie

Postby waynie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Thank you for the results.

Some very interesting scores there, most of which highlighted and analysed already by John. Group D is the standout, with Steve and Jacob out-performing their seeding expectation by 2 levels. Unfortunately, the balance has been restored by others under-acheiving their seeding expectations. I don't think the story here is over yet. I would not be surprised to see Jacob and Steve cause some havoc today, whilst Oliver may yet discover and apply his top seed form.

I notice that Mark W has dropped into the Bronze group, but hopefully the disappointment will not be too profound as he is clearly the strongest player here, based on points accrued yesterday and KOA playing experience. I fully expect WC Durban to return to UK with something.

2 players who I have not met: Frank and Lorenzo. Frank seems to have shown good form in German tournaments and has done well to qualify comfortably for the last 16 in his first WC. Lorenzo is in with a shout for the Silver cup, but I think Rodolfo is a strong favourite here, having won it for the last two years.

I look forward to reading the final scores!
MJB
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby MJB » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Awesome Camber! Good luck today!!!!
Breaking sticks for 30 years...
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 pm

First post updated with Round 2 results and quarter finals. Sorry, silver & bronze cup are not done yet.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Some brutal results in the round 2 groups!!!

Alkis did well in group E, continuing his march is a way very similar to Athens last year (a few draws in preliminary group, then cleaning up the round 2 group). Alessandro V did well to prove his general class. Frank F was stopped, but he must have learned a lot this time, and for me it is only a question of WHEN he will fulfill his potential. Knut L did well in this group, and I must say that I enjoy following his results. They are completely unpredictable! He can play 3-3 vs. the best and then 3-3 vs. the weakest the game after. Another excellent fight from him this year so far.

Group F seemed like a thriller! Spyros once again goes ahead in his calm way, he always steps up to the task and delivers more and more class as the opponents get stronger. I mean, he is not like Gianni who smashes everybody from the get go, but he still always collects the victories needed. Congrats to George Ka, the big sensation this year! It seems like it was a really close fight with Ektoras. And Jacob, what can I say, well fought!!! The results seem really brutal for him:

Jacob K Spyros P 3 - 3 (excellent)
Jacob K George Ka 3 - 4
Jacob K Ektoras K 3 - 4
Spyros P Jacob K 4 - 3

and then two more decisive defeats. Seems like you were much closer to the quarter final than the table suggests.

Group G: Well, once again Nikos was in a group of death, but this time he made it! Totally unpredictable group. While Nikos seems a clear second, there are great signs of some magnificent fight from Robert and Oliver.

Oliver St Nikos A 1 - 2
Robert S Oliver St 11 - 4 (!!! - one of Robert's best games ever!?)
Oliver St Robert S 3 - 3
Robert S Nikos A 3 - 4
Gianni T Robert S 5 - 3
Gianni T Oliver St 9 - 5

Must have been hell in this group, where you can play really well, but it just isn't enough.

Group H: Fabio steamrolls ahead. He is a very tough opponent. Steve C took a predicted second place here, while it would have been a surprise if Luca could come from a long time without practice and upset the table. Alex B showed why he belongs in the top-16 yet again, and got a nice win on Steve C!
Last edited by dnielsen on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 pm

WTF?? :shock: Oliver?? :?o: Man, this has got to be one the biggest underperformances in history......

Maybe it had smth to do with me rooting for him? So, let's see who I'll be supporting now. Steve? No, I like Steve. Nikos? Nah, Nikos is too good a guy to do this to him. I know...

GO ALKIS!!! :no1:
Logos

Postby Logos » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Come on Steve C!!!! Super Stuff!

And well done Robert S, it seems you had some royal battles in that group of death and well done in claiming a juicy scalp in real style!
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Quarter finals pundit comments:

Alessandro - Spyros. This is a very exciting match-up for me. They both have a high peak level, but they also have games where they are not so convincing. Spyros plays well against 424 players, so maybe this will help him, unless Alessandro brings his A game in both attack and defense. Could go either way, though Spyros is the favorite.

George Ka - Alkis. What can we expect from George? Alkis is always in top-form, but it will be interesting to see if George can pull another sensation, perhaps by feasting on all the tough matches so far, putting him in just the right mode for a knock-out match.

Nikos - Fabio. Thriller in Manila! Two 532 players match up. Fabio has the better attack, Nikos has the better defense. Nikos has been playing very well this year so far, much better than in Athens last year, and there has never been any doubt about his latent potential. But Fabio is class too!!! This is a 50-50 match for me, simply because Nikos seems to be in top-form, otherwise I would have had Fabio as the favorite.

Steve C - Gianni. Steve C has the right ingredients for an upset here. A strong defense, and, *cough-cough*, reliable scoring methods. I think there is a good chance that at least one of the two games will be close. Steve C's challenge is to make them both close, and then come out on top, a tall order, but not impossible.
Last edited by dnielsen on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.