KONC II | 02/03/09 | Kick Off North Claines | RESULTS

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: KONC II | 02/03/09 | Kick Off North Claines | RESULTS

Postby gdh82 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Cheers fellas! :)

Even as reigning KONC champion I honestly didn't expect lightening to strike twice - but it did! I might have got us lost both on the way there and way back from Sutty’s :lol: but I sure somehow navigated top spot of the KONC II league! :eeko: :D

Steve E,3,Garry C,3,
Garry C,5,John R,1,
Garry C,1,Simon K,0,
Graham S,3,Garry C,5,

My opener against Steve was a lively game that surprisingly remained 0-0 at the break but like the drop on a log flume ride, the second half started with a deluge of goals! 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3 I think it went but I was always behind in this, just managing to stay in the game. With the game at full pelt I then had Barber sent off for a wreckless tackle and a second yellow card!!!!! :evil: I opted to LOCKOUT and hung on for the draw in probably my most enjoyable game of the night. 8) Not since WC’06 had I seen John so it really good to meet up again. John was short of match practice but I could nevertheless sense his enjoyment at playing the great game once more. This was no more evident that when he notched up his first goal of the night - against me. Having said that its never easy losing game after game but as I said at the time I hope this is only the beginning of your return. Easily the most tense game of the night came against my sparring partner of old. Knowing each other’s game so well, we knew what was coming, and defences were on top. I managed to squeeze a 1-0 advantage in the first half and probably due to my best defensive display of the night achieved victory with this slender lead. Phew! My first round finished with a real battle with Gra. A game that remained neck and neck until the final quarter of the game when I finally managed to just edge ahead and come away with a 5-3 victory.

Half-way through and I was tops - just like I was a week ago! Lead by Si, the jokes and the laughs about my second round crumbling were in full flow by now :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: but would it happen again....

Garry C,1,Steve E,1,
John R,1,Garry C,7,
Simon K,2,Garry C,3,
Garry C,7,Graham S,2,

A narrow defeat seemed on the cards against Koohlio who lead our second game 1-0 for a large portion of it. Stubbornly I kept at it and in the 8th or 9th minute I managed the equaliser I didn't think was going to come, so again our match was drawn. Despite his run of losses, it was good to see John exploring the different tactics, as if to suggest his KO2 spark hadn't diminished. We agreed that the margins in KO2 are so small. A split second too early with the aftertouch and a goalbound effort ends up closer to the corner flag! KO2 can be harsh like that, although its surprising how much better we all get with more regular games under the belt. Hope to see you at another tourney soon mate. My arch nemesis wanted revenge for our earlier encounter but whereas my defence was strong last time, this time I had my keeper to thank. I was leading 2-1 with barely 30 seconds on the clock when Si hit a shot straight at the goalie who uncharacteristically spilled it into his own net. :( A goal was coming, I had to agree. Yet it still wasn't over, and straight from the kick off, I managed to get clear in his box to slot home the winner and make it 3-2 with the celebratory cheers of the crowd being cut short by the ref's final whistle. STEALER! Definately a rough deal on Si and certainly my skunkiest victory of the night. Love it! :P

In an uncanny resemblance to KONC I, come the final game, I was again 2 points clear of Steve and just like before I was up against Gra and he was facing Si. :| Yet again I found it a real challenge against Gra and twice I had to come from behind to make it 2-2 at half-time. By contrast Evil appeared to be cruising in his match as Si's complaints grew louder and more frequent, and based on the HT scores, Ste was just half a match from taking tonight's crown. In my mind I was fully accepting of this and all set to congratulate him. Besides it'd be greedy to win again, wouldn't it? That said, I continued to perservere and a magic few minutes in the second half turned the game flatteringly in my favour with a 7-2 scoreline and the KONC II title! Get in there! 8) 8) 8)

A big thanks to Sutty for having us over again, to you and the guys for creating a fun atmosphere, and unintentionally making KONC a very happy hunting ground for me. I'm fully aware how tonights triumph has a lot to do luck (the late, late winner against Si, the 10-man lockout draw against Ste etc)and so based on the fact that it might not happen again for a long time, I'm gonna enjoy my triumph while it lasts!!! :gban: :gban: :gban:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
goalkeeper

Postby goalkeeper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Fear is running through my veins :shock:
Who cares about Dagh now, Garry will wins 8)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woohoo!
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Had a great time. Thankyou to Garry and Graham for the lifts and joystick lendage. Wasn't bothered by the results, was to be expected, just wanted to get a feel for the game again and get myself back on the first rung of the ladder once more. I think the massive blister on my left hand just shows how used I am to holding a bloody joystick!

Definitely gonna get into this again and will one day put up more of a challenge to you guys. I'm quite grateful I hadn't completely forgot how to trap the ball!

Will get some equipment soon and am already thinking about the first Castle Colin tourney, watch this space.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Cheers to Graham for hosting a fine tournament and to Gaz for the lift and memorable journey down there!

It was great to have another Kick Off 2 tournament so close to the last one and I was very pleased in not losing a game but all credit to Gaz who did the same but managed to defeat Simon K twice to take the crown.
One of the great things about this tourney was the odd number of participants, which meant that one player was always sitting out a round and it was a pleasure to watch the game with Gaz and Si. It was a tense affair watching it so I can only imagine it was moreso playing! When Gaz scored the winner with seconds remaining he deserved the title there and then. From losing a 2-0 lead and then having the nerve to score the winner was superb.

Favourite game of the night was a 4-4 draw with Gaz which was 0-0 at half time!

Also great to meet John, who scored against me with a fine trap and pass to his striker before slotting the ball home. As I said to you before John, take in the defeats, soak em up...cause it'l be even sweeter when you beat the people who you have lost to before. Hope to see you at KOOHL tournaments in the future!

Enjoyed it once again Graham (glad I brought the laptop! hehe) and look forward to the next :)
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
suttydroitwich
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby suttydroitwich » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:56 pm

glad to hear you had a good time gents looking forward to the next one! Do I need to still post the results to alkis ?
i hope to get another one in within the next month!

well done gaz for winning again and good to hear you had a good time john and look forward to a tourny at yours!