WC 2007 Videos - The big screen games

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Fantastic write-up Gianni! 8) Your fascinating chronology and assessment gives us a glimpse into the thinking andi incredibly high standards of the top, top players. Thank you! :) Must watch the match now...
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Robert

Postby Robert » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Just started watching this. Steve, there's a monitor in the way?

Watched 1st leg of Gianni/Gianluca. This is the game I am really interested in. I just want to say I am really impressed by the quality of the ex ex ex World Champion in this game. It's two years since I've seen him play but the quality is still there. A great goal from the free kick.

There is also a superb goal from Gianni on 10.27. The skill required to deliver the long ball from midfield is really special here.

I'll watch the second leg in a while.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Yes, the first game out of the nine had a monitor obscuring the corner view.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Great quality Steve considering it was done with your phone!
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:54 pm

Interesting read Gianni. Even emotional :)

Here is my review on the same game:

00:06: Damn, the diagonals on this joystick feel strange!

00:32: Typical goal. If the cross is good, it's a very difficult situation for the defense. Cox has to move very fast and accurately to avoid the goal. The cross here was very good.

00:54: Phew. Good chance by Gianni. A couple of pixels saved me from a goal here.

01:16: Damn. Careless defending gave away a corner. I wasn't expecting this kind of finishing.

01:33: Hmm, just a little more accuracy after trapping the goal might have helped here. Gianni defended well (and didn't jump, as Haydn kept on doing in our friendly!)

01:57: Huge chance by Gianni here.

02:31: Unintended pass to the far left. These aftertouc diagonal passes keep on bothering me with the Tomahawk.

02:49: Gianni has his share of problems too. Overall the quality of the game seems rather mediocre to me. I have trouble winning the ball after goal kicks.

03:12: Good defending by me here. Unfortunately, another corner just like before. Let's use Lockout to stop it.

03:29: No goal conceeded, but a throw-in in a dangerous position. I return to 424 again. Maybe I should have waited...

03:32:... because Gianni scores, not the way I expected though.

04:13: Very poor finishing by me. Diagonals...

04:36: A goal of the highest quality by Gianni here. The pass on 04:29 is a sign of a ko genius.The cross and the finishing that follow are also great, but I've seen these by the Milan guys before.

The first half is over .The stats indicate that Gianni has a 51% posession, but it feels like 60% to me.

06:01: Bad defense by me. Fortunately not punished.

06:24: Accurate defending by Gianni.

06:33: Deadly 424 counter-attack. Players far worse players than Gianni can finish this one. The score is 4-1 and I should get better in both parts of the field if I want to have any chance of winning the title.

06:47: A lucky goal. I wanted to shoot the ball with much more aftertouch, but I've already told you about the diagonals... A complete keeper fluke in my eyes.

07:40: A quality goal by me here. It all started by the good pass from Simpson. Barber made a great aftertouch pass to Nicholls.

07:55: Bad defending by me, bad attacking by Gianni.

08:06: Very close to scoring again. Gianni reacted well.

08:14: A chance by Gianni, because of my poor anticipation of the goal kick... again. I allowed a clear pass in the penalty box which came only a few pixels long.

08:24 Dominating posession allows Gianni to attack more. My pressure in the box (or his nervousness?) forces him to make mistakes.

08:44: Huge chance. After the failed tackle by Cox I was already thinking about my kick off move. Vasilis in the crowd shouts: "He can't!".

09:12: Good defending by me.

09:21: Ahhh, quite close.

09:40: Good counter attack but bad finishing.

09:47: You can't miss this one.

10:19 I should have moved faster here.

The match ends at 4-4 and I'm obviously satisfied. I was playing as Team B, I wasn't used to the joystick and Gianni was nervous. Still, he played better as Team B in the previous games and he is a better player, so I didn't allow myself to feel I was closer to the title... yet. (I did it in the last minute of the second leg).
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 am

great comments, Spyros!

Watching the games a month later, all the things appare so easy... but it is a bit different while we are playing for the title, isn't it? :) specially when we see the ball going out in throw in after a bad control, it was so easy! in truth it wasn't exactly so easy...
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:33 am

Torchiador wrote:great comments, Spyros!

Watching the games a month later, all the things appare so easy... but it is a bit different while we are playing for the title, isn't it? :) specially when we see the ball going out in throw in after a bad control, it was so easy! in truth it wasn't exactly so easy...

That's what Alex was telling me last year. Watching a game of KO, even among very good players, you can spot many mistakes made by both. In fact, from these games, you can easily make a compilation video showing only mistakes, which would "prove" that both players are bad.