Rankings July 2007

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:56 am

Bounty Bob wrote:
Danne wrote:*The bad player should gain more points when he wins. The good player should lose more points when he lose.
* The good player should gain less points when he wins. The bad player should lose less points when he lose.
That's exactly what does happen, see my Wolf v Gianni examples above. :?

I know.

I meant compared to the ranksystem that is used now.

I edit:

*The bad player should gain more points when he wins. The good player should lose more points when he lose.
(compared to the present ranksystem)
* The good player should gain less points when he wins. The bad player should lose less points when he lose.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:04 am

Maybe we should start an online ranksystem. It would be great fun.. :)

What happened to durbans site?
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:11 am

Danne wrote:*The bad player should gain more points when he wins. The good player should lose more points when he lose.
So long as you're not suggesting a system where points could be created, the net result would be the same. What I mean by that is that under the current system, the total amount of ranking points in existance are number players * 1000. If you start to make a system where this balance changes, then the whole thing is flawed.

Anyway, assuming your suggesting something which doesn't create or lose points from itself.

If the low player wins he gains more but then he is now in a position where the players below him will be able to mug him for points dropping him back down more quickly again. Net result, he ends up where he was. If he keeps winning he gains less under your system and finds himself ranked in the same place he would be had he kept winning under the current system. Again, the same outcome.

We would be left with a position where Gianni is at the top, Peter S is at the bottom and everyone else is spread out as they are between them.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:16 am

Bounty Bob wrote:Anyway, assuming your suggesting something which doesn't create or lose points from itself.

yep.. no created points. Only transfer between bank-rank-accounts.. :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:52 am

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:34 am

Torchiador wrote:Image

Well played Gianni in taking the No #1 spot! 8) 8) 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 pm

I just looked at the rankings again, and would like to congratulate a couple of people.

Well done Michael O for making it to 5th... the highest ever position for a German? I've noticed he now has a 200 pt lead from the other players (like me) around 2000, but there is also 800 pts to make up the catch the all-time greats above him. Which way next? Will he continue to close this gap, or will he be 'sucked' back into the pack? Anyhow, great progress to see a non Italian/Greek moving into this zone (even if it has to be a German :lol: ).

Well done also to Jon G. Now he's 15th, people probably won't have really noticed and will assume he was always there. Actually this is a big move up and represents the extent to which Jon was 'under-ranked' by the system. His recent efforts have confirmed his place amongst the UK premier players.
Jon G
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Jon G » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Cheers dude. Congrats to Gianni, and also Michael O & Wayne.

Just for the record (although I think I'm posting about 2 weeks late) I think the ranking system works really well. I was only ranked quite low 'cus I attended my first UK Champs before I remembered how to play. I think I used one of those fighter pilot style sticks. :D
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:50 pm

:? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just let me say i always be respectfull to all my opponents and i always congratulated to you for your performance. Now i see that Titanic poster...what a poor winner you are
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Come on, Gianni is happy, why can not he cry it outloud?

I do not see nothing wrong with this. When I reach the number 1 in the rankings (in a couple of months I believe) I will post a banner so huge that the whole web will collapse. And if anyone protests I will tell him "shut up, you ugly 2nd/ 15th/ 47th...

:D

If it makes you feel better, remember that, although he did not know, Di Caprio was very near of his horrible death shortly after that moment of joy 8)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 pm

Rodolfo wrote:Come on, Gianni is happy, why can not he cry it outloud?

I do not see nothing wrong with this.

What Rodolfo said.

Come on, Gianluca, for the neutrals this sets up the forthcoming WC very nicely and it'll be great to see how you two KO greats battle it out! 8) :)

As they say, let the joysticks do the talking! ;)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Troglos

Postby Troglos » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:35 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:

:? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just let me say i always be respectfull to all my opponents and i always congratulated to you for your performance. Now i see that Titanic poster...what a poor winner you are

Another demonstration of what poor man you are.
if you remove the speed, you take away the fun.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:40 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote: :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I thought the titanic image was a reference to the fact that there's only one way to go when you are at the top ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)