Dutch open planned

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Sid, just use Map24.com to look up the location, and zoom out. You'll see it is far from Amsterdam.
Nearest airport is probably in Teuge: http://www.teuge-airport.nl.
An alternative may be Enschede (http://www.enschede-airport.nl) or Düsseldorf, Germany.
waynie

Postby waynie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Sid wrote:Maybe.... if Mark and Darren go too, then I most likely will too.

If you, Mark and Darren go, I most likely will too. :D
kRadD

More details to come

Postby kRadD » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 pm

I'm at the moment not at home, and hove only very limited internet access, but at weekend I will open an web page for the Dutsch open with some more details.

Thans for your support so far.

@waynie: I like your Idear with the tournament for the not so talented :-). I just saw, that there is the Nordisk ATARI Show one week before your date or at the same date, so I will be hard for me, but maybe I take a week holiday, and come to your tournament as well.
Gunther

Postby Gunther » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:23 pm

You can also land at airport Düsseldorf Weeze. Ryanair lands here. I can pick some people up from there.
KOA Founder
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:36 pm

I will most likely participate. As i live in Dusseldorf i won´t have to come a long way. After having missed the tournament in Milan i am absolutely hungry for that one.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
kRadD

sorry for the delay of infos

Postby kRadD » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 pm

I was not able to spot the organiser on IRC this weekend, but I will met him next weekend at a french demoscene party, I'm shure to be able to post some more details then.

Yesterday at a training with Sascha W. and Jan K. we spoke about doing two tournaments. One on Saturday and one on Sunday, because it looks like more people want to come on Saturday.

grtx

Thorsten
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 am

Is this still happening?
Me and Mark were talking about maybe going. Would lifts to and from the airport be available?
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 am

Semtex wrote:Is this still happening?
Me and Mark were talking about maybe going. Would lifts to and from the airport be available?

If so, I'm down with that!
You can count us boys to be in full force....

KORA DOES HOLLAND! :shock: :lol:

p.s. and a week before my birthday!!!!!!
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
waynie

Postby waynie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 pm

KORA does Holland :lol:

Maybe we can call it Sid and Bounty Bob strike back...or did they already make that film? :D

My chances of going would be greatly enhanced if you three are also. :)
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:35 pm

See, he does love us. :lol:
kRadD

Here are the promised infos

Postby kRadD » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Sorry for the delay, I had to visit some parties in France and Slowakia.

Here are some more infos:

The Dutch KickOff2 Championship 2k7 and the Outline Cup are Kick Off2 tournaments at the Outline party 2k7.

http://outline.scene.nl/2007

When will it be:

The date of the Dutch KickOff2 Championship 2k7 will be the 12th of May (Saturday). The date of the Outline Cup will be the 13th of May (Sunday)

Where will it be

The tournaments take place at a camping place called "the Boomsgoed" in Braamt in the Netherlands.

The address location for Outline 2007 is:

* Kampeerboerderij “Te Boomsgoed”
* Langestraat 24
* 7047 AP Braamt
* The Netherlands
* http://www.teboomsgoed.nl/

How to join the tournament

Please register in this thread or send a mail to me.

We will accept 12 registrations. Then at the party if there are more people who want to participate, we will accept 4 more players, to have at least 16 Players.

Registered Players

Dutsch Open

1. Thorsten B.
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. -
6. -
7. -
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. -

Outline Cup

1. Thorsten B.
2. Niels T.
3. Jan T.
4. Gunther W
5. -
6. -
7. -
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -

Entrance Fee

The entrance fee for the party will be:

* Preregistration
o Whole party weekend: 45 Euro (Friday to Monday).
o Single day ticket: 12 Euro
* Paying at the door
o Whole party weekend 55 Euro
o Single day ticket: 15 Euro

Sleeping

Soon we will publish here a list of offizial party hotels :-), please contact us if you like to stay in a hotel. The hotels will be in Sedam, a well know tourist attraction in that area, so you could espect a good hotel.
At the camping site

If you like, you could setup your own tent at the camping site. Please contact the organizers if you like to do that, so that we could arrange a place for you.
The sleeping room of the party

At the party there will be a sleeping room, this is included in the entrance fee
Under the table

I prefer sleeping under my computer, so I will do at the Outline. This is a nice experience, and cause we will have two tables, there will be space enought for two people. This is only a possibility, I will understand if you prefer on of the other possibilities :-)

Time Schedule

Dutsch Open:

Friday 11th of May

* The party starts at (TBD)

* As soon as the organizers arrive, they build up 1 Amiga for training. If we need more Amiga's, we build up one, two or tree more of them.

Saturday 12th of May

* 0'00: Free training untill 12'00 o'clock

* 10'00 Anouncement of the Competition, and 2 demonstration games on the beamer, first the two worst players (me and somebody else :-) and then the two best players (due to the world ranking)
* 12'00: Opening ceremonie

* 12'30: Start of the tournament

* after all matches:

* Game of Shame

* Final

* after the Final

* Prizegiving

* after the prizegiving

* 2 Options

* stay at the party and enjoy it

* go to a pub to [dortichem]

* 23'30 come back to the party, to attend the presentation of the competitions

Outline Cup

Sunday 12th of May

* after the party competitions Free training untill 10'00 o'clock

* 10'00: Start of the Tournament

* after all matches:

* Final

* after the Final

* Prizegiving

Tournament Rules

The normal official rules will be used. Each player will play against each other. The two best players will play a final and the two worst players will do a game of shame.

TRAVELLING
By Plane

The preferred airport for travelling to this party is Amsterdam/Schiphol. Flights from nearly every major airport on the planet arrive there on a daily basis, and travelling from the airport to the partyplace is easy because of the excellent railway connections. A train-ticket from Schiphol to the partyplace is ~18 Euro each way, or 11 Euro for Dutch students and people travelling along with them.

Düsseldorf International is another fine option for the international traveller. Strange as it may sound, this airport is actually closer to the partyplace than Schiphol, and there are direct trains every hour from the airport to Emmerich (~62 minutes ride, 13.30euro), where we can pick you up by car if you give us a call. The sole reason we do not make it our preferred airport at this time already is that we haven't had any guests using it- yet. Thanks to Deez and 505 for the tips.

Travellers from the UK and Sweden will be interested to know that Ryanair has some pretty cheap offers for travelling to Airport Niederrhein, which is only 45 km from the partyplace. If you contact the organisers well in advance, pickups can be arranged.

Other airports within driving distance from the party place include Rotterdam and Eindhoven. If you can get a flight to one of these airports for a lower price than you would pay for travelling to Schiphol, the organisers can provide you with information on how to get from any of these airports to the partyplace. Contact us for details.

Some of these prices were found on regular online booking systems, so there is a very good chance you will be able to find a better deal from a cheap vendor in your own country.

Please contact the organisers if you need any assistance regarding flights to the party or extending your stay in the Netherlands.
By Bus

Walk from busstop "Buiting Braamt" towards the roundabout and proceed to walk into the village. First you'll pass one road to the right, then the road bends sharply to the right, then another exit to the right, and finally the partyplace will appear on right hand side (look for the minigolf). Please refer to http://www.9292ov.nl for an up to date timetable.
By Train

The stations "Doetinchem De Huet" and "Emmerich (Germany)" are located at driving distance from the partyplace. Please refer to http://www.ns.nl or http://www.db.de for an up to date timetable.
By Car

From the west and north (east): Get on the highway to Doetinchem (A18), and take exit 3 (Doetinchem, Zelhem, Zeddam). Follow signs for Braamt/Zeddam (N316). Turn to the right on the 2nd roundabout. Stay on this street, it bends to the right after 100m, until you see the Te Boomsgoed sign on your right hand side. Welcome to the partyplace!

From the south and east: Travel to the city of Emmerich, Germany. Most likely you will be taking exit 3 (Emmerich am Rhein, Kleve, 's-Heerenberg) on the highway running from the Ruhrgebiet to Arnhem and Amsterdam (A3). Upon exiting the highway, follow signs for's-Heerenberg (N316). Stay on the N316 as it takes you through the villages of 's-Heerenberg and Zeddam, and turn left on the roundabout near Braamt. Stay on this street, it bends to the right after 100m, until you see a Te Boomsgoed sign on your right hand side. Welcome to the partyplace!

Maps

http://outline.scene.nl/2005/travelling.htm

please get in touch with me asap, if you need a hotel
waynie

Postby waynie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Thanks for posting the details, Thorsten. Good food for thought! 8)

Just been to the registration website:
Exciting yet pointless statistics
Total number of registrations: 53
50% of the registrants is sure they'll visit but have not bought a ticket.
0% of the registrants bought a ticket.
49% of the registrants is still in doubt.
41% of the registrants consists of sick dutch fucks

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: Here are the promised infos

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:56 am

kRadD wrote:I prefer sleeping under my computer, so I will do at the Outline. This is a nice experience, and cause we will have two tables, there will be space enought for two people.
I'm confused, are these the tables that will be used for Kick Off? How many Amigas will you be able to set up?