World cup committee

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

World cup committee

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:36 am

Seems we already have a chairman?

http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... 4&start=13
http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... 1&start=65
http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... 5&start=26
http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... 2&start=26
http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=12968

WTF?

I know some of the were a bit silly when talking about offside etc. But surely discussions on wind and random pitch etc are valid?

I also know some people were really getting fed up with the many polls and discussions but to my mind this sort of moderator action is worse than the polls as it just seems dictatorial. Robert will no doubt suggest another agenda, but to me it just seems like Stox wanted to get people thinking and not get stuck with the view that nothing could change.

Having said that and while I agree with some of the things Stox is trying to accomplish, I don't neccessarily agree with the way he's gone about it but it doesn't mean all his threads should be closed. At the very least a post of explanation from Robert would have been nice to see, (unless I've missed it in which case I apologise).
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:53 am

Seems Common Sense is our chairman.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:57 am

I do agree so but it just looks like the polls represent his view and now they're closed. It's the actions without any explanation that leaves the bad taste.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:I do agree so but it just looks like the polls represent his view and now they're closed. It's the actions without any explanation that leaves the bad taste.

I think Robert explaned the good reasons:

Robert Swift wrote:Forum terrorism will never prevail.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Torchiador wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:I do agree so but it just looks like the polls represent his view and now they're closed. It's the actions without any explanation that leaves the bad taste.

I think Robert explaned the good reasons:

Robert Swift wrote:Forum terrorism will never prevail.
Terrorism only depends on point of view.
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:24 pm

never see a so silly attitude before. A voice of disappointment or call for a popular conscious debate is not only not tollerate but every attempt is closed down, see... this is totally shocking.
Actions like that can't rappresent a community but a one lame attempt to shout out to every people on disagreements.
Last edited by filippodb on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:42 pm

filippodb wrote:never see a so silly attitude before. A voice of disappointment or call for a popular conscious debate is not only not tollerate but every attempt is closed down, see... this is totally shocking.
Actions like that can't rappresent a community but anything than a one lame attempt to shout out to every people on disagreements.

The end does not justify the means, it's even worst if the means are wrong.
Now, how decides what is right and what is wrong? Common Sense.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:42 pm

Robert gave out a warning, and forummembers expressed their wish to have the flood of polls removed/closed/whatever (I was one of them). The polls was starting to build up hostility on the forums, so I fully agree with Roberts closing of the topics.

I have to say that in the beginning I had nothing against Stox and his interest in hosting the WC and the fact that he was interested in making some changes, but I also must admit that I got totally pissed off after a while. The WCC-topic and the different poll-topics should indicate that I'm not the only one either.

At the same time I agree with BBob that we should absolutely discuss possible changes to the tournaments-rules according to original features of the game. Features NOT in the game from the beginning I will NOT take part in discussing, I'll simply vote NO.
-----------------------------
Winner of The Silver Cup 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Founder of FÖKOF and FAKO
The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:44 pm

filippodb wrote:never see a so silly attitude before. A voice of disappointment or call for a popular conscious debate is not only not tollerate but every attempt is closed down, see... this is totally shocking.
Actions like that can't rappresent a community but anything than a one lame attempt to shout out to every people on disagreements.

Filippo, if this is totally shocking to you, I'd hate to see how you would handle the real world. :roll:
The People's Lockout!
www.yearnlydom.rocks
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Freshmaker wrote:Robert gave out a warning, and forummembers expressed their wish to have the flood of polls removed/closed/whatever (I was one of them). The polls was starting to build up hostility on the forums, so I fully agree with Roberts closing of the topics.
I missed the warning, so that being the case I apologise to Robert. They have certainly raised some interesting discussion points though and I hope that features within the game are considered for the next world cup. If they are going to be though, then they need to be talked about now. A question at world cup registration time for random pitches is too late.

Freshmaker wrote:I have to say that in the beginning I had nothing against Stox and his interest in hosting the WC and the fact that he was interested in making some changes, but I also must admit that I got totally pissed off after a while. The WCC-topic and the different poll-topics should indicate that I'm not the only one either.
This for me is the saddest part. I still believe that Stox has good intentions but unfortunately he seems to have shot himself in the foot and in doing so made a lot of people feel extremely negatively to the prospect of a Rome world cup. I really wanted to go to Rome and hope that Stox can repair the damage made to peoples attitude towards him.

Freshmaker wrote:At the same time I agree with BBob that we should absolutely discuss possible changes to the tournaments-rules according to original features of the game. Features NOT in the game from the beginning I will NOT take part in discussing, I'll simply vote NO.
Absolutely.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:20 pm

But ffs Mark, are we like friends now or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The People's Lockout!
www.yearnlydom.rocks
stox

Postby stox » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:50 pm

Thank you very much BBob for your comment. If I would have made these comments I would have been the same, annoying internet troll.

I have noticed too that polls which were winning (e.g. wanted to change actual rules) at 7pm yesterday were stopped while loosing at 10pm or 11pm. Now please explain me why KOA users have NOT voted during week but all voted on saturday evening which COMMONLY is used to stay at home doing nothing better than voting polls.
Second fact is that I have not started with these polls but others did. I started only 3 of the polls! So I do not understand why all are calling me a terrorist since I didn't start this kinds of polls, neither did post them all. I have only continued to ask the forum about important matters we have to solve prior to the next WC. And please, beside this, answering to 6 polls is really not so difficult and I hope that should be still possible without feeling overhelmed!
Concerning my Rome2007 bid, surely I shot in my foot. The thing that most will NOT understand is to separate the man which wants to promote ideas and new rules in the KOA from the professional organizer I will be. You can bet there will be no complains in a Rome2007 bid, since I am the only one saying that organizers should make the world cup for the users and partecipants and not for themself or getting a lot of gratuite thank yous. I will make the world cup for you folks, not certainy for me. But making this i want also some progress, not staying stick on years old rules!
Separate the two things, and my "terrorism" is only to check the mood of te forum on certain things in order to take right desicions for a Rome2007 bid, since NO WCC WILL HELP ME! I will never decide nothing in the KOA by my own, and cannot like a dictator decide nothing by my own. But on the other side I see that you do not want the WCC and you do not want polls.
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Freshmaker wrote:But ffs Mark, are we like friends now or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd have to go for what. :lol: :lol: :lol: