WCC rules

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

alkis21

Re: WCC rules

Postby alkis21 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:40 am

Rodolfo wrote:Also mind that there is a funny country called Spain... can I have the right to vote please? or should I join FAKO? (oh, by the way, I would love to!)

You're incorrectly assuming that the committee members are to decide everything ignoring everyone else's wishes. The purpose of the committee as I imagine is to hear everyone's opinions, process them and make a final decision. All discussions will take place in the forum as always and your opinion will matter whether you're in the committee or not.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 am

You're incorrectly assuming that the committee members are to decide everything ignoring everyone else's wishes

Not exactly, my point is that people from each country (or some special cities) elect an asigned number of committe members, so how can I vote for someone?

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 am

Oh. Well when the time comes, I suppose we'll have a "rest of the world" category for you and Haydn to place your votes. :)
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:48 am

i think that you have a point in suggesting that the koa could be more structured but i don't this is the way to make rules for the organisation. firstly who do these people represent?

we know nothing about the number of active members of the koa, how can we then vote for the representatives? for example england gets 2 places in this proposal, is that the same england who had 4 players at last years world cup in germany compared to germany that had 11 players at this years world cup in england. instead of having minimums for each country there should be a maximum for each country.

if the forum can be used to elect members for a committe, why can't it be used for decisions regarding the rules and other koa-subject. i agree that it dosn't work very well now but instead of working on a different mean of making decisions we should work on refining the forum voting. this needs to be done anyway as the current proposal needs voting on commitee members.

we need to know the number of members in the koa who are interested in playing ko2-tournaments and who are actually considering travelling around europe to take part in the gatherings. we could have a membership fee for those who are interested in voting for tournament rules. these money could be used to have some sort of financial guarantee for the organiser and the paying members could be compensated by getting a lower competition fee. Also the remaining money could go to the costs of the site. I am aware that this migth need too much administration but there are tools that can be integrated into the forum for this: see for example. http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3622

the voting capabilities of the forum could be improved by installing a mod for phpbb for example this one: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=389862

i also find the comparaison to the game of bridge a bit out of context...
the world bridge federation, WBF membership now comprises 103 National Contract Bridge Organizations (NBOs) with about 700,000 affiliated members who participate actively in competitive bridge events - locally, nationally and internationally. Most of the NBOs belong to one of the eight geographical zones, each of which has its own Zonal organization.

but to sum it up, the for an internet based community like the koa the decision-making system should be of a modern kind where the votings are open to as many members as possible. not old-fashioned commitees with possibilities for corruption, intrigues and possible democratic deficit. the polls institute on this forum is not satisfactory but instead of replacing it with a committe we should upgrade it.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
stox

Postby stox » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 am

Oh. Well when the time comes, I suppose we'll have a "rest of the world" category for you and Haydn to place your votes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I suggest nothing more than 9 members, else the group expand too much and all procedures becomes difficult.
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:04 am

We're talking about the people who will vote on those 9 members.
stox

Postby stox » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 am

We are here to discuss proposals, but please bear in mind to put the organizer in condition to talk with someone, to give him a working group and to give him a chance to make his work. Else the organizer have to loose more time in discussing things and do not know what he's going to do 1 day before the event, which is not acceptable for a good organization. On the other hand, such as the organizer is stopped by the group if he wants to do something wrong without loosing 3 weeks to discuss his point.
We need rules.

One of the first thing I want to do is early bird rates. I need people collecting money in every country, co-organizers on this. We need to discuss ETs. We need to discuss how to make a universal tournament format for the WC. We need to discuss if we want at the end a pub (public place) or a rented room. I want to let people promote the event elsewhere, not only here in Rome. A funding system would be great also to give some fundings to other countries to make adversiment, support for trip expenses for people having less money and so on.
I want to make adversiment on the radio, I can take the cost one time, but not many times. On the other hand, more members means more entrance fees thus more income. A WCC is needed in order to get this machine working. If we have more income, we can give it away or we can hold a certain amount as starter for next WCs.
Only a WCC can take desicions quickly on this and other things (else you have those infinite topics on the KOOffice and KOBarn and at the end you loose the possibility of the KOOffice because time passes, you do not know how much people is coming ect ect). It also may suggest to Camber what should be done in the new KO2CV version with priority without a 100+ post topic where also he poor Camber is lost inside.
We need more coordination here, not everyone making thinking or doing everything he likes.
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:48 pm

alkis21 wrote:Oh. Well when the time comes, I suppose we'll have a "rest of the world" category for you and Haydn to place your votes. :)

Wales? is that a nation? :D (come on, Haydn, just to hear you) or Hong Kong? :wink:

kofoed wrote:not old-fashioned commitees with possibilities for corruption, intrigues (...)

I want to be in that commitee!!!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:09 pm

I vote for Rodolfo. He represents both FAKO and FEKO, plus he's a very representative person.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Thowra
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Thowra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:39 pm

What Freshie said
Latin American travel: http://www.thowra.com
Digital Equine: http://www.digitalequine.co.uk
WC 2005 Official Photographer
WC 2006 Co-Organiser
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:03 pm

I'd like to see people follow Jacob's example and propose alternatives instead of just ditching ideas.
Or are you all perfectly happy with the "he who shouts louder gets the rule" system we've been following all these years?
I would also like people to stop using the annoying & idiotic "it's just a game" quote. Nobody suggested it's a bloody spinach pie FFS.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:25 pm

I think I have made my proposal Alkis. I agree that we need some structure and formalisation when it comes to the WC-format, but I don't want the rigid WCC-structure Stox describes. My proposal is that the guys from the KOA with most experience in structuring/hosting world cups get their heads together in drawing up a format for the WC wich will follow the KOA in the years to come.

What I don't want is Chairman, Vice Chairman etc, etc. And if we have the format fixed, what the WC-host needs to do is to provide possible hotels and venues and all the extra parts of a World Cup.

Changes in the KO2-code has, in my eyes, reached a peak with the implementations of A=B and 8 tactics.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:27 pm

Come on Jorn, it's just a game!