World Cup 2007, Official Invite!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

What say thee?

Yay
94%
Nay
6%

Total votes: 16
Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Ely » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:48 pm

I'm interested but the Cost may scupper my plans.
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com
Sascha

Postby Sascha » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:49 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:Are you BA from the A-Team or something. Get on the plane fool. :lol:

:lol:

I just thought because of the monitors and Amigas. I brought 6 this year. I do not know how we should get all the equipment to Tromso.

If it was Oslo - no problem for driving. But I can understand that Jorn cant handle a worldcup in Oslo. I mean it was 200km for me from Frankfurt to Cologne. It must be 2000km for Jorn from Tromso to Oslo.

So as long as there is noone around Oslo who could arrange Hotel etc. I think that the Oslo option is not really an option.

I will always help out with Amigas and esp. monitors, but I wouldnt want to drive 6 days!

Lets wait and see. I will come no matter where it will take place.
Visit http://www.kickoff2.com

- German Kick Off 2 Headquarter and Forum
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:54 pm

Sascha wrote:I will come no matter where it will take place.
That's ok then, I was beginning to worry that there would be nobody there to give me a relaxing shoulder rub to boost me up while I'm performing at my worst. :D
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:07 pm

Filippo, If im not wrong you live just as close to Oslo as Jorn, so that is not an option. But you right, prices regarding travel could be a problem.

I/we (Ostersund crew) will arrange one tournament coming spring that currently seem to get too big for what we currently got regarding software. 4-5 amigas is our arsenal now, so i´ll most probably look after two more. However, im sure i can promise to bring +5 amigas if it would be Tromso.

*** My girlfriend say she would prefere Rome or Athens before Tromso ;) ***
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:15 pm

hogstrom wrote:Filippo, If im not wrong you live just as close to Oslo as Jorn,

according to google maps:

2.081 km Venice -Oslo
1.685 km Throsmo - oslo

wrong, you're closer :lol:

sorry, didn't know tromso was such far away!! :shock:
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:08 pm

OK guys.... let's be calm about this.

We need a nice, friendly discussion about next year's WC.

Things we do not need:

1. To decide right now
2. Potential organisers saying 'Take it or leave it'
3. Potential organisers saying 'Oh my God you offended me, my offer is withdrawn you ungrateful bastards'

I am going to be brutally honest.

As far as I can see, we have a nice offer from Jorn. Jorn is in every way the perfect WC organizer. He's friendly, very committed to the KOA, he is professional in his approach, he will go far to make everyone happy. The only problem is that the International Space Station is closer than his home.

Another possibility is Marco Stox. Marco has a lovely location - Rome - which is cheap and convenient for everyone, especially Gianluca/Giacomo! Everyone wants to visit Rome. The only problem is that - as we all know - Marco is a polemic and will want to use the opportunity to make his stamp on the KOA tournament rules. This is maybe the wrong motivation for holding a WC and, if he doesn't get what he wants, will his WC organization disintegrate?

But why stop here? Let's see who else could take an opportunity to put something back into the KOA....

The KOA founders? Niels, Jan and Gunther?

Knut, Astrid, Saskia, Oliver.....did I hear you say that you live near Frankfurt?

What about the 5 year cycle Alkis?

Glenn and Klaus....come on, what about Oslo?

Let's open the options wide before we get involved in a Marco vs Jorn discussion. I say this with all respect to their offers. I didn't get everything right this year and no-one ever does. But the very fact you have OFFERED is something, so well done.
Sascha

Postby Sascha » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:24 pm

Robert Swift wrote:Knut, Astrid, Saskia, Oliver.....did I hear you say that you live near Frankfurt?

Do you want them to organise a WC in Frankfurt? :)

When I recall correctly, Astrid lives near the Dutch border (in Germany) and Saskia in Delft/NL.

But you are right. Lets wait and see who comes up with offers. Perhaps the Norwegian guys can unite and we really get a World Cup in Oslo. I know that several Germans (including "Top" Players) wouldnt come if the ticket would cost >300 Euros...

I am afraid these things have to be taken into account too.

On the other hand - I would perhaps finish in the Top 16 if there are only 20 participants :)
Visit http://www.kickoff2.com

- German Kick Off 2 Headquarter and Forum
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:46 pm

Paris.
stox

Postby stox » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:08 pm

I wil make a Rome bid next week if it is seriously possible, have to check some things first. Expect 99% to have soon a Rome Hosting bid and that I will need to know within 30 days if this is ok or not in order to organize the event.

I'm trying to introduce some new concepts to the KOA and will make this also if I will not be the organizer. Among these:

- Extra tactics. I played against Spyros loosing 5-1 and 90 secs before end asked him if I could put in BLITZ. I risked a lot behind, but the game ends 5-3. Extra tactics can shuffle again KO equilibriums, and should be introduced soon! A Rome07 WC would be with extra tactics and I repeat with NO WIND!
- The WC comitee. The Swift day2 format demonstrates that a tyrannic WC organization is useless. The WC should be decided by more people and represent every country. More control is needed in order to have success in organizing these events, more people must feel to be involeved. I'm looking for a forma like a comitee formed by un uneven number of members, say 9, with the organizer the president, 5 positions taken by last WC organizers which may share experience, 2 members choosen by the comitee president, 1 member choosen by the forum for merits.
I cannot think why you say that I'm trying to organize the WC to change rules! I try to organize the event to make it better. The WC comitee will let me loose a lot of organizing power, but i REALLY HOPE THAT ONCE FORMED THE TRADITION OF A WC COMITEE CAN REPEAT IN FUTURE IN ORDER TO HAVE MORE SOLID WORLD CUO ORGANIZATIONS AND TO HAVE THE WITHDRAWL OF ALL POSSIBLE ORGANIZATION ERRORS!
- I want to introduce early bird concepts in paying, want to look for computer games magazine sponsorships, will organize lunches and dinners all together in the same place and probably want hotel and venue be the same location. The fee should be all inclusive, meaning you will not have to pay hotel, food and location separately.
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:27 pm

Robert Swift wrote:What about the 5 year cycle Alkis?

We can organize a WC whenever you want us to. But it looks like we have an orgy of offers this year, so I guess it would be best for me to step up when nobody else wants to do it. I would have done it this year if it wasn't for my wedding. If the offers are for some reason withdrawn/rejected later on, I'm your man. But I'm not going to fight against Jorn and Marco, who seem very eager to do it.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:02 pm

Sascha wrote:Can you give me the name of the city? I will have a look how long the journey is with the car.
Next year I will have a new car (Audi A3 Sportsback), hopefully I will get 6 Monitors into the boot.

Too bad I already unloaded my car :lol:

There will be no need for monitors. Amigas yes, monitors no. We are looking at striking some sponsor-deals with local shops and will use tv-sets or smaller flat-screens.
-----------------------------
Winner of The Silver Cup 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Founder of FÖKOF and FAKO
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:07 pm

filippodb wrote:A World Cup in Norway is what I ever dream, I think everybody will love to visit a new country.
The worst thing is the plane trip that cost from 500 to 700 euro so it'll let a lot of players from not attending, no matter if they love the idea of a norvegian world cup. It'll be more helpful to show the best flight companies to reach thromso instead to show price for food or hotels.

Also I'll much prefer a WC in Oslo, in Germany and Italy we choose Milan and Cologne because it was the cheapest place to go for foreign players even if the main organizers were living hundreds of Km far away. .

Oslo is not an option. If I should organise there, I could as well organise in Berlin or Rome. ;)

The planetrip may be much cheaper then what you say Filippo. I'll work on that for a while.

However, hotelcost:

Double-room: €400 for 2 nights. Includes 3 meals, coffe/tea all day and seminar-room for the tournament. That would be € 200 pr person for the weekend. No extra costs but the travel. I'll work on the travel-bit.
-----------------------------
Winner of The Silver Cup 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Founder of FÖKOF and FAKO
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:08 pm

Freshie, is that hotel cost inflated because of the music festival?