Drugs...listen

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Beckite
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Glasgow,Scotland
Contact:

Drugs...listen

Postby Beckite » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:01 am

Please folks dont advocate the legalisation of any more drugs.
Alcohol is the biggest killer of a persons mind,social acceptance and soul.
Call me a pathetic drunk if you will,fair dues i am but drink has raped me mentally,i dont know up from down,arse from elbow.
It isnt pretty.
No more legalised drugs,please.
I am a cabbage,how many more ways do you want your kids to get fucked up?
Oh itll be cool if they legalise heroin,no.It wont.
Methadone kills more people every year than heroin,fuck it by all means lets legalise the lot.
They will drop like flys,im maybe being a little emotional but i see people ruined with drugs day in day out where i live and its rancid.
Drug dealers live next to me and i watch these poor souls knocking the doors for their drugs,knocking thier lifes away.
Im legal of course my drug of choice is alcohol,am i any better than these fellow humans?
No im not,difference is i can just step up to the counter for my fix.
Ahh legal addiction feels so clean...doesnt it?
“I drink too much. Will you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?”


Robert Shaw

1927-1978
Freshmaker
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12378
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Humlebæk, Denmark
Contact:

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:03 pm

Note that no one has answered this post....
-----------------------------
Winner of The Silver Cup 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Founder of FÖKOF and FAKO
The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
-----------------------------
User avatar
uncle_colin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Worcester

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby uncle_colin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:40 pm

Beckite wrote:Im legal of course my drug of choice is alcohol,am i any better than these fellow humans?
No im not,difference is i can just step up to the counter for my fix.
Ahh legal addiction feels so clean...doesnt it?


Frankly that's bollocks. Alcohol can be drank in moderation, but you can't inject heroin moderately. Just because you drink too much, no need to accuse us moderate drinkers as drug addicts. I find yr rant very alcohol induced anyway.
User avatar
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19777
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Cheshire, England.
Contact:

Postby durban » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:04 pm

Colin, its got sod all about moderation.

The link is that an addiction is an addiction no matter what the cause.

As Becks is saying just because you can go an buy alcohol legally from an offlicense, a pub or even a garage now doesn't make it less of danger for those of us who have the addiction.

Its like Gambling, smoking whatever. Drinking, smoking, gambling and drugs are all bad for your health. Moderation is a very funny word, because all it indicates is that the person who is using this drug in moderation is not yet addicted (or at least doesn't realise it!)

I for one think what Mark has just said is spot on, sometimes its hard to write something from the heart, it cuts you up but it has to be said.

No matter what anyone says, Heroin might be a high profile evil drug, but any drug that can cause depression and addiction is a bad thing, therefore whilst alchohol can be drunk in moderation the bottom line is it can also become a dependancy and therefore it is just like heroin on the bottom line! And yet just because its legal people accept it and tend to reply with the exact same comments. People believe that Alchohol isn't bad if it doesn't affect them. Its hard to make judgements from another viewpoint thats all I am saying.

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
User avatar
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2735
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby Tripod » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:08 pm

uncle_colin wrote:Frankly that's bollocks. Alcohol can be drank in moderation, but you can't inject heroin moderately. Just because you drink too much, no need to accuse us moderate drinkers as drug addicts. I find yr rant very alcohol induced anyway.


That is just the point of view that makes alcoholism conceived as less of a problem than it really is. More than 40000 people die each year here in Germany from alcohol (less than 2000 from illegal drugs). Because you can drink it in moderation (and of course because it is legal) you don't accept that it can be a real addiction and that makes you susceptible to turning into an alcoholic yourself. "He was just a social drinker, but social every night, he enjoyed a pint or two or three or four." It is a slippery slope and from what I have heard and seen it is no easier to lose that addiction than a heroin addiction. I sincerely hope Beckite will manage one day.

As for your original post, Beckite, it is difficult to argue either way. If legalising say heroin produces more addicts then definitely forget about it. But Uncle Colin here has at least one point - putting a needle in your arm is different to drinking and I couldn't ever imagine myself doing it. I say legalise Marihuana of course, not a single death has ever been reported, though I wouldn't rule out a few fatal accidents by people who were stupid enough to drive while stoned.
User avatar
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!
Posts: 13807
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The Forest Of Dean, United Kingdom
Contact:

Postby JamesHBeard » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:16 pm

What a joke, I am with Uncle Colin on this one.

What next, you will be going on about buying coffee from tescos....

Yes, coffee is a drug...

I think getting addicted to something like heroin is a lot easier than getting addicted to alcohol.... thats why its illegal ffs.
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Image
Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
User avatar
uncle_colin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Worcester

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby uncle_colin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:18 pm

Tripod wrote:
uncle_colin wrote: I say legalise Marihuana of course, not a single death has ever been reported,


It's interesting that I'm made out to show ignorance in my post, which, I must say, was grossly misinterpratated, and then for you to show ignorance as well.

You say legalise canabis, despite the fact that a couple of weeks ago, the first death was reported, due to canabis poisoning. O.K, maybe only one death, but the fact that scientists are still working through the long term effects of the drug, I'd say it's rather frightning news. The drug has of course, become stronger than it was in the sixties, and this man's death was a result of over-indulgence into this particualar drug.

Also, you say legalise canabis, despite the fact that you need tobacco to smoke it in a spliff. Are you ignorant enough to think that canabis-smokers don't die of throat cancer?

Thirdly, I for one would hate to be surrounded in a soceity by pot smoking over-indulgers, who feel the need to bore the fuck out of me whilst completely forgetting what they've just said.
User avatar
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!
Posts: 13807
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The Forest Of Dean, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby JamesHBeard » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:23 pm

uncle_colin wrote:[ Thirdly, I for one would hate to be surrounded in a soceity by pot smoking over-indulgers, who feel the need to bore the fuck out of me whilst completely forgetting what they've just said.


You are the fuckin man Uncle Colin, great words, I have witnessed this in real life and its pathetic :)
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Image
Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
User avatar
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2735
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby Tripod » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:39 pm

uncle_colin wrote:You say legalise canabis, despite the fact that a couple of weeks ago, the first death was reported, due to canabis poisoning. O.K, maybe only one death, but the fact that scientists are still working through the long term effects of the drug, I'd say it's rather frightning news. The drug has of course, become stronger than it was in the sixties, and this man's death was a result of over-indulgence into this particualar drug. Also, you say legalise canabis, despite the fact that you need tobacco to smoke it in a spliff. Are you ignorant enough to think that canabis-smokers don't die of throat cancer?


I honestly didn't want to pick a fight, mate. I was just saying that people just don't treat alcohol seriously enough cause they have no problem with it and just cannot see how people can. And Jim would never pick a fight with me, he is my mate ffs. Well, he didn't, cause he missed the point entirely anyway! :)

I hadn't heard about the first official cannabis death. But your other point could be argued the opposite way, a guy at a pro-cannabis rallye in Brisbane once did, I remember. He said if it weren't illegal, he could just smoke it pure without having to stretch it with tobacco - which tunred him into a tobacco addict. Odd point, you might think, but to be perfectly honest, that is exactly what happened to me. I am now 32 and sadly smoke more than a packet a day - but I had only taken up smoking "properly" at 24! Which was quite a while after I started smoking joints, but only without me realising did I suddenly feel the urge to smoke cigarettes as well. Once in a while, once a day, and I actually don't think I bought a packet myself before I was 24. So I actually reckon the point is valid - the nicotine got to me cause a pure spliff is too expensive.
User avatar
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19777
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Cheshire, England.
Contact:

Re: Drugs...listen

Postby durban » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:41 pm

uncle_colin wrote: Thirdly, I for one would hate to be surrounded in a soceity by pot smoking over-indulgers, who feel the need to bore the fuck out of me whilst completely forgetting what they've just said.




Whilst not taking sides in this argument, I do however agree with the above sentiment entirely :lol:
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
User avatar
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby Danny D » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:05 pm

IMO Alchohol is the worst drug as it is socially acceptable.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
labrujitaraymarjef
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:00 am

Postby labrujitaraymarjef » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:22 pm

I thought your post was excellent Beckite and straight from the heart.

In my opinion you can divide drugs into two kinds: soft drugs and hard drugs. I would class alcohol and cannabis as soft drugs and heroin and crack as hard drugs. Soft drugs can be enjoyed on a recreational basis by many people but for a certain percentage of people they end up being a serious problem that is debilitating. With hard drugs you go more quickly to the debilitating stage.

I'm not really sure about legalisation, and rest assured, booze isn't legal because it's harmless. Either which way, I have nothing but sympathy for people with drug problems, and I simply did not like the way you belittled Beckite's heartfelt post Uncle Colin.

Kind Regards
User avatar
Beckite
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Glasgow,Scotland
Contact:

Postby Beckite » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:37 am

Many thanks for your thoughts chaps,it was an alcohol induced rant and it did indeed come from the heart.
However colin i cant really see where you picked up on me attacking folk who are able to drink in moderation,you maybe took what i said somewhat out of context but hey we are all individuals in mind and body. :)
Ill just crawl back into my bottle now and be a good boy.
“I drink too much. Will you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?”





Robert Shaw



1927-1978

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests