Korona-thread

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Freshmaker

Korona-thread

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm

How are we all doing these days? Total shut-down all over the place, it seems?

Is the virus-threat affecting you in any way? If so how?

In Norway it was decided today that all schools, kindergartens, theaters, sports, baths etc are to close down for at least 2 days. Will we end up with having food in rations?

I work in the health-part of my city, so I'll most likely have to help out. However, I'm having an autoimmune decease myself, using medicine that lowers my immune-system, so I hope I won't have to work with people who are inflected by the virus.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Korona-thread

Postby Rodolfo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:47 am

The situation in Spain is getting terrifying. Everything looked more or less ok until this monday, when all the figures skyrocketed, and the growth has been worse and worse everyday since. We could have seen what was already happenning in Italy and should have implemented some heavier measures earlier, but...

Now is full scale panic. Although total shut down is only happening in Madrid and some other places, it looks clear that that is the direction this is going to take for everyone.

I do not have much of a problem with staying home, in fact I love it. However, assuming most of us will not have severe health problems and that the virus will go away with the heat, the blow to the economy is colossal. If everyone stays home, many of my clients stop receiving income, and then I will be the one not getting paid. Nasty days ahead, and uncertain future months.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Personally, I'm looking forward to self-isolating at home and getting some serious online kickoff done :D
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Personally, I'm looking forward to self-isolating at home and getting some serious online kickoff done :D

this should be every government's advice tbh
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:50 pm

I think Greece is second in Europe after Italy, with 190 confirmed sick people.

Universities, schools, gyms, and a couple of hours ago also malls, coffee shots etc. are closed. People are urged to stay indoors.

I think we'll be OK if we are careful and follow the guidelines. I am extremely worried about the economy, both that of the country (you know it wasn't flourishing to begin with) and the company/industry I work for as we're in the business of conference organization so we're taking a serious hit. We've already postponed everything that was scheduled for March-April and it's not looking good for May, either.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:43 am

So sorry for you guys, both Rodolfo and Alkis, if this affects you in such ways.

We're on total lock-down in Norway as well. Everything, more or less. And people are hoarding everything from the shops. Nuts.

As for myself, financially, I'm really happy I changed job from private to public sector last year, making sure I will not risk being laid off. I also work in health-care, so my labour is most needed by society.

I just hope that if I should be infected, I'll be infected asap, so I can get treatment before we run out of treatment, and I'll get immune, and I can help others.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:35 pm

It's absolute madness isnt it. In the UK we appear to have a fixation with hoarding loo roll :lol:

Hospitals have stopped testing people for it now so we have around 30 Deaths but no record as to how many people have been affected.
Prime Minister announced last week for everything to remain open and try and smooth out the peak of the virus to ease stress on the National Health Service, but then the next day all football clubs cancelled their games.
Today thankfully there's going to be a daily news conference - which I think is needed so people are aware of the facts as opposed to social media heresay.

I know loads of people who was ill over xmas - myself included, worse I have ever felt infact that left me in bed from Boxing Day till 31st December and it took 3 weeks to get my voice back cause i was sick that much - so it wouldn't surprise me if this was it.

Goes to show how fragile society is really!
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Vag

Postby Vag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 am

I'm very worried about my wife's family in London, as England does the opposite things from all the other countries. My fear is that after some days it will become worse than in Italy :?
As for Greece, I believe most people have realized the significance of staying at home and are responsible. Starting from tomorrow, the churches and all shops will be closed (except supermarkets, pharmacies, eshops and some others). Most people avoid the buses and the metro and use their cars and they keep distance in queues. It's different in small towns, in some of them they haven't realized what's going on and they do everything like before.
Stay at home and read, play ko2, work or watch Netflix.
Click here and here.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:15 pm

It's the first time a Greek government tackles this well. Thank god we don't have the previous government, they would happily start closings from banks and supermarkets!

Also, one thing I have been doing, is that for the last 10 years I have a stock of food that I renew of course as well as stuff like toilet roll, soap, etc. I was prepared for a zombie apocalypse with everything being in my basement including a fridge, bed, food, toilet rolls etc,. I don't have a shotgun though.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:46 am

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to you all and I hope you are all keeping well in these trying times. Managed to get some loo roll today, so I think I'm now immune to Coronavirus. I'm pretty sure that loo roll must possess magical properties. Why else would people be panic buying it? Mental.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:43 am

I had a feeling we would have some preppers in the KOA, but I did not see Nikos being one of them. :) Way to go man!

And thanks Mark B, for popping by. Hope you enjoy your TP-party. :)

Vag; It seems England (and other countries) are closing down as well. Hope it all pans out in the end.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:24 am

--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:05 pm

I've been working from home since Monday. All these Skype calls reminded me that my first every video call was with Steve Camber. I was still on dial-up, so it must have been 2002 or 2003. We were chatting on MSN, he asked me to click somewhere and I saw him typing on his computer, then he pointed the camera to his window and I saw that it was snowing. Very laggy but also very cool at the time! Do you remember it, Steve?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November