Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

voluntary deletion

Postby jbounias » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 pm

To the admins.
Please i would like to be deleted from the KO forums or community and whatever other affiliations this non profitable site might have.

I just express my regret and thanks for reading my posts or comments all this time.

If you could , please do send me a confirmation mail of my deletion.

Regards John
The Allan Holdsworth of ko
Robert

Re: voluntary deletion

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm

We are not able to delete all the posts from an account. These are the property of the KOA forum.

About your account, I am not sure that this can be deleted either. Because, in the database, all posts come from an account.

Wouldn't it work just to stop using your account?

Please either:

- send me a PM either to me and I will speak to Durban (in case he didn't see this)
- PM directly to Durban himself

If you could please explain what you want to happen and briefly the reason for this request, we will see what is possible.
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Robert Swift wrote:We are not able to delete all the posts from an account. These are the property of the KOA forum.

About your account, I am not sure that this can be deleted either. Because, in the database, all posts come from an account.

Wouldn't it work just to stop using your account?

Please either:

- send me a PM either to me and I will speak to Durban (in case he didn't see this)
- PM directly to Durban himself

If you could please explain what you want to happen and briefly the reason for this request, we will see what is possible.

For the WOF forum I'm running the same forum software as the KOA and it is possible to delete accounts and all posts from a user - I've had to do it to deal with spammers, that's how I know.. I can't tell from memory how to do it, but can probably find out if necessary. As for who owns the rights to the posts I just don't know..
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 pm

It seems we hurt people here very often. This forums is full of cruel bastards, sure... But why can't you just go, without adding more work to the admins? Or you can edit all your posts, and leave them empty. No need to ask for others to do your things.

This way it looks to me that you only want attention :)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 pm

I don't understand. I read John's post three times,

jbounias wrote:To the admins.
Please i would like to be deleted from the KO forums or community and whatever other affiliations this non profitable site might have.

I just express my regret and thanks for reading my posts or comments all this time.

Regards John

and I don't see where he requested for his posts to be deleted. He only wants his account removed; or am I missing something?

As for why, what can I say? I can't say I understand it myself. It's because of what happened in the Awesome Soccer topic, but I'll be damned if I see a reason for departure in there. To add to the confusion, John sent me and Nikos a very weird email that I understand even less (and it's in Greek!). Oh well.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Yeah, friggin' ell. Delete me as well. C'mon, let's all go get deleted.
-----------------------------
Winner of The Silver Cup 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Founder of FÖKOF and FAKO
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Fresh-who?

Account deletion = post deletion surely. You cannot have orphaned posts in the database.

In terms of 'forum suicide and cremation' i.e. remove me from here and any trace I was here, in general we do not approve such requests. We've had cases of people trying to write themselves out of history before, namely D1n0 and W0nk@, but whatever they may have said or done then it belongs to all of us once it's on the forum.

The best way to kill an account is to cease to use it. Any user can delete anything they wrote manually. However, if your posts are quoted in other people's posts, too bad.

Anyway, this is why I requested clarification.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 pm

jbounias wrote:To the admins.

Regards John

c'mon you have an opionion about advertise games, someone have a different point of view, that's all...
it seems to me you overreacted, hope you'll change your idea and have you on the forums again
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Freshmaker wrote:Yeah, friggin' ell. Delete me as well. C'mon, let's all go get deleted.

Hey if my bro is getting deleted - I want to get deleted as well!

PS: FFS!
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:14 pm

To sum a few things up:

-You can delete a user and all his posts with one click
-Tomorrow I will nuke forum from orbit and replace it with a vuvuzela fan site
-Robert is ABSOLUTELY right. "The best way to kill an account is to cease to use it." Gordon Brown NEVER asked for a deletion!
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Yes its right what TheFoxsoft said, its just a difference in opinions, there is no reason to leave the gathering, maybe just have a few days away chill and then see how you feel then, anyway JB could be worse you could be french :P
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 pm

manicx wrote:-Tomorrow I will nuke forum from orbit and replace it with a vuvuzela fan site

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EPIC!!! :lol:
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.