Gloucester City secure play-off place

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

uncle_colin

Gloucester City secure play-off place

Postby uncle_colin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:31 pm

I know none of you give a shit, but I've been watching these lads play all season on a shared ground with no money! Finished 3rd, fantastic achievment, bring on the play-offs! Would be a joy for us to get promoted whilst the Cheltenham scum get relegated.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gloucester City secure play-off place

Postby durban » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Mate thats what football is REALLY all about.

I love watching Liverpool win things, but at the end of the day it would mean SO Much more if my local team did well.

I grew up watching for and then playing for Marine. They got to the first round of the FA Cup proper once and they were playing Crewe Alex....now its really weird coz this was when I was 18 and had only been driving for 5 days and me and 3 mates drove to Crewe which at the time seemed like the other side of the fking world.....anyway we missed the first 40 mins and were already 3-0 down but what the hell it was awesome singing my team on in the FA cup. Its actually really weird coz I remember thinking what a strange far away place Crewe was and how they all talk funny....and now I live there (well 5 mins away) and go and watch them all the time :lol:

So nice one mate, its so much more special when a team actually achieves something thru hard work rather than just buying the latest Fernando Torres clone (if you see what I mean!)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 pm

What do you get promoted to by the way? I presume its the Conference South?

Marine are therefore in the same equivalent league up North as your lot....

We got promoted (in the old days when there were less leagues) to the Conference but werent' allows coz our stadium was fking awful and could only hold about 400 people seated :( and then to make it worse our local rivals Southport got promoted in our place and are still going strong in the Conf North and could be in with a playoff shot this year as well.

Incidently I once scored direct from a Corner at southports ground.....not that that matters to anyone else but it brings back good memories :)

Anyway good luck in the playoffs mate :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes, if we go up it will be to the Blue Square South. That's the highest league we'll have been to in our 100+ year history. We're the oldest non-league team at our current level and below! So many times have we just been pipped at the post, it'll break my heart if we fail again. Most notoriously, the season Cheltenham went up (and up and up!). All we had to do was draw our last home game with Salsbury, but having had a fantastic Fa Trophy run, we needed to make up the lost games by playing 8 games in the last two weeks. Needless to say, we lost through sheer fatigue. When I look at where Cheltenham are now, man, it could have been so different.

We're playing Cambridge at home in the Play-Off semis, a week on Tuesday. Look out for the result!

Didn't realise you were a decent footballer. (I'm not being sarccy, it's a great achievment!)