There is no god

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Re: There is no god

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Rodolfo wrote:But my dear James, there is no such thing as 'The Christian Church'! There are hundreds.

Ah .. my friend.. YET .. you all call yourselves Christians.. yet it appears.. you all have entirely different beliefs.. :?o:

Am I right in saying that the only thing all christians have in common is that Jesus is the son of God and God exists in a place called Heaven and that the devil chills out in a place called Hell ?
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:Am I right in saying that the only thing all christians have in common is that Jesus is the son of God
They can't even agree on that, some say he was god and not a seperate entity.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Robert Swift wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:Either the bible is the holy word of god or it's not.

See my previous response and that of Rodolfo; the bible is a work of humans
Well, I know that ffs!! That's my point and it doesn't just apply to the bible, it applies to all the holy books. The bible is a very interesting book though and it's not all bad. For example, if every single person lived by the spirit of the words laid out in the ten commandments, then the world would be a much better place.

Basically, what Bill and Ted said to us. "Be excellent to each other."
SimonB
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby SimonB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Robert Swift wrote:
SimonB wrote:
Wonka wrote:Christian's don't kill each other. When was the last time that happened?

... erm N Ireland ... Catholics and Protestants seemed quite happy to kill each other for 40+ years ...

You mean the Nationalists and the Unionists?

Simon, you are intelligent, educated and well-informed enough to understand that this was principally an ETHNIC and POLITCAL conflict.

All I was pointing out (admittedly in a highly glib fashion) was that there is a history of Christians killing each other ... admittedly a minority but my example stands.

Also, without turning this into a discussion about NI, I think you would find it very difficult to separate the 'Protestant' from the Loyalists and 'Catholic' from the Unionists.
Birmingham 2011 World Cup: 15th best player :)
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Agreed, but religion was not the reason they were fighting. It was just one of the differences that characterized the opposing sides. Those painted walls on the Falls Road said 'Brits out'; not 'communion wine is literally the blood of Christ' or 'confession to God can only be made through a priest'.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:07 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:
Rodolfo wrote:But my dear James, there is no such thing as 'The Christian Church'! There are hundreds.

Ah .. my friend.. YET .. you all call yourselves Christians.. yet it appears.. you all have entirely different beliefs.. :?o:

Am I right in saying that the only thing all christians have in common is that Jesus is the son of God and God exists in a place called Heaven and that the devil chills out in a place called Hell ?

I would only defend some other christian confessions in front of the anti religion gang, then they are my christians brothers. But if the common enemy is not there, I usually think they are a bunch of stupid fanatics :lol:

Of course nobody needed a proof, but this shows I am not better in any sense than anyone.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:
Wonka wrote:Christian's don't kill each other. When was the last time that happened? There has been perhaps a dozen religiously motivated murders committed by Christians in recent years. It's very wrong of you to equate Christian's with all the nutters from the Islamic world who are going around chopping peoples heads off and blowing people up every single day of the year.

You cannot have the best of both worlds mate.. Christians are responsible for the deaths of more humans than all the other religions put together.

Just because Islam is currently in the headlines I am sure it will not be long before Christianity comes back and starts blazing for "God". The Chrsitian fundamental following in the USA is growing rapidly..

Besides, I don't think killing of folk in Ireland happened that long ago and that was a catholic/protestant issue.

Even Hitler was a Roman Catholic and that was only 40 years ago. How many did he kill ?

Where did you get that information? Let me guess: you walked past a mosque and you were stopped by a group of Muslims yeah? Whatever James; you obviously don’t know what you are talking about.

There have been thousands upon thousands of religiously motivated murders in the name of Islam since 9/11 (And that’s not including the poor bastards who were killed in the towers), whilst only around 15 or so people have been killed in the name of Christ during this time. James: wake up!

Islamic terrorism is dominating the headlines alright, and it’s really, really bad headlines don’t you think? And what do you mean I can’t have the best of both worlds? What’s that got to do with the thousands of people who are being killed each year in the same of this wicked faith?

In case you haven’t noticed, Christians have evolved. They know the world is round and not flat; they don’t burn witches at the stake anymore. Each and every person along with each and every faith is tolerated in Christian lands, so before you start painting Christianity with the same brush you paint Islam with - perhaps you should start wondering why the human rights record in the Islamic world is absolutely appalling (and always has been).

The western world has enough to worry about with the rise of Islam changing our lives for the worst. Our safety, security, and now our freedom is under attack, and all you can do is turn a blind eye to all the horrible killing sprees that Islam is producing on a daily basis, and stupidly suggest that Christians are going to join in? With all due respect: I am forced to call you a div. (I don’t mean it deep down, but you know what I mean).

If you bothered to get your facts right, you will discover that all these so-called Christian extremists throughout history that you are talking about, mostly murdered people for reasons other than religion. Especially The Crusades (who Muslims absolutely love to point out), whose sole purpose was to command and conquer land, and not particularly kill people because they didn’t read the bible. You will find that they rarely credited their murders to the name of Christ, whilst shouting quotes from the Bible before plunging people with swords, and neither did Hitler. They just happened to be the scum of the earth at the time, when a civilized way of life was difficult to envisage for many reasons.

No other religious group has ever been inspired the same way as Islamic terrorists, and no other religious group has credited murder to their religion like Islamic terrorists continue to do so. This is why Islam is such an evil ideology. It does not allow Muslims to peruse information and innovation outside it’s wicked, dogmatic boundaries. That’s why those young cricket loving Muslims who supported Liverpool and lived next door to us, strapped on explosives and blew up innocent people on the tube who were just on their way to work. People who were very much part of the democracy that Muslims are encouraged to destroy. This is the reason we found ourselves in the situation we are faced with today. You're not gonna help by saying our people behave in the same way.
Last edited by Wonka on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Robert Swift wrote:Agreed, but religion was not the reason they were fighting. It was just one of the differences that characterized the opposing sides. Those painted walls on the Falls Road said 'Brits out'; not 'communion wine is literally the blood of Christ' or 'confession to God can only be made through a priest'.

Phew ... I was beginning to think I was the only person who knew this.
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Wonka wrote:Our safety, security, and now our freedom is under attack, and all you can do is turn a blind eye to all the horrible killing sprees that Islam is producing on a daily basis

They are not ZOMBIES ffs. Are you sure that you aren't confused?
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 am

Robert Swift wrote:
Wonka wrote:Our safety, security, and now our freedom is under attack, and all you can do is turn a blind eye to all the horrible killing sprees that Islam is producing on a daily basis

They are not ZOMBIES ffs. Are you sure that you aren't confused?

I will end my participation in this discussion now because Islam makes me furious. I would like to state one last thing before I depart this topic though: Long live Geert Wilders! My hero!
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:20 am

Robert Swift wrote:Let us be clear that the bible, the church, the Koran are all human constructs and - even though their supporters claim that they are acting on behalf of God - their actions are all HUMAN and not those of God. Therefore, easy as it is to pull apart the actions of the church or the words of the bible, you are only able to score a hit on humans and not God him/herself.

I absolutely agree. That's what I was trying to say, it is not the belief in a god as such which is problematic, it is the people who claim they are doing god's work or who motivate others to kill in the name of god which frustrates me so much.

It is terribly naif pretending that with the elimination of God and religion we would finish with the fools acting as criminals because 'God told them so'. They would simply say some other stupidity, like 'the cat told me so', or 'the forest told me so' or 'the great leader told me so'. I have to remark again that the worst crimes of the XX century were the product of anti religious societys. Deny that.

That is absolutely a valid point. However, at least they are not hiding behind "god", they take full responsibility for their actions. (That won't do the poor souls who get killed by the Stalins and Pol Pots of this world any good, I know.) But if you watch Religulous, for example, there is woman there standing in front of a sign which reads "death to homosexuals" or something like that who then says "I personally have nothing against homosexuals. Only god does." There you go, that's what I mean.

Here's another clip on the matter from our favorite show The West Wing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJSQWsZNMk
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 am

Until the likes of Wonka wake up to the real world situation, there will be little hope for mankind... not that there is anyway of course.

Wonka.. you should read this about George Bush and his "holy crusade" against Afghanistan and Iraq..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Do not attempt to clear the Christianity war machine, it just kills people using higher technology than beheadings and those other things you find dispicable.

Take a bit of time to read about the slaughter in World War 2 in the name of the Catholic Church... etc..

Religious murder.... its just endless.

And dont try and say I am protecting Islam.. that is just immature of you Wonka. All religions can be VERY bad.. hence Agnostic is the way to go..
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.