There is no god

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

uncle_colin

Re: There is no god

Postby uncle_colin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Bounty Bob wrote: From a scientific point of view, it can't be proven that there is no god, so a rational person can only say that there probably isn't one.

Or, a rational person can say that there proabably is one. It goes both ways mate. Imcomprehendable Infinite space going on forever and ever, I don't see any rationality in thinking some sort of higher being is 'proabably not responsible'.

Bounty Bob wrote: Neither one can prove it.

And funnily enough that's why it's called 'FAITH' - which is what my religion is based on.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:33 pm

uncle_colin wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote: From a scientific point of view, it can't be proven that there is no god, so a rational person can only say that there probably isn't one.

Or, a rational person can say that there proabably is one. It goes both ways mate. Imcomprehendable Infinite space going on forever and ever, I don't see any rationality in thinking some sort of higher being is 'proabably not responsible'.
I was only talking from the atheist point of view, not suggesting that someone who believes in a god is irrational.

uncle_colin wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote: Neither one can prove it.

And funnily enough that's why it's called 'FAITH' - which is what my religion is based on.
You're right, that is funny. :wink: :P
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Davetoast, thanks for your excellent reply, I will get around to answer it soon enough, but not quite yet.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:53 pm

God did exist. But he died halfway through reading Davetoast's post. It's boring enough to kill any rational diety...
Davetoast
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Davetoast » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Yeah, I was going to throw some tits and pointless banality into this thread to spice it up and dumb it down but you've done both of those for me now!
Final Whistle Crusader and President of The FWA.
Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Those last two posts have made my day. Classic KOA. Well done chaps!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Semtex wrote:God did exist. But he died halfway through reading Davetoast's post. It's boring enough to kill any rational diety...
Is a diety an anorexic god?
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 am

Semtex wrote:God did exist. But he died halfway through reading Davetoast's post. It's boring enough to kill any rational diety...

You're certainly right there! Davetoast is ok, but I'd rather watch paint dry than read what he has to say on forums. Zzzzz Zzzzz . . . By the way, I don't believe that "diety" is a word. Did you mean deity?
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:49 am

Rodolfo wrote:

Oh, well, we all remember Carlsberg beer advertising themselves as 'probably the best beer in the world'. With all respect towards local regulations that I ignore, I guess that this anti God campaign is covered by any common freedom of expression law. At least I will defend to death anyones right to say whatever they want. Just do not do it with my money, or do not expect me to buy you anything if I do not like what you say, of course.

my dear Alex wrote:That is absolutely a valid point. However, at least they are not hiding behind "god", they take full responsibility for their actions. (That won't do the poor souls who get killed by the Stalins and Pol Pots of this world any good, I know.) But if you watch Religulous, for example, there is woman there standing in front of a sign which reads "death to homosexuals" or something like that who then says "I personally have nothing against homosexuals. Only god does." There you go, that's what I mean.

Here's another clip on the matter from our favorite show The West Wing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJSQWsZNMk

So your cunning plan to end with crime and stupidity is to ban anything they may use as an excuse? I think I told you before, then the first thing we should ban is football :D

And the clip. Oh, the great great West Wing! Of course I agree with Bartlet. He is a catholic who knows a lot about his own religion (unlike the abismal ignorance usually shown by the antireligion gang, leaded here by the notable philosophers Jesper and Fullarton. I could attack religion better than you do :lol: ) and about religions in general. He is a moderate, unlike some members of his team (by the way, I am currently watching the final season, and, oh my, I never wanted so much to vote for someone as I would want to vote vor Vinnick! What a brilliant debate!) and here, he shows the stupidity of some opinion leader. Ok, so what? Freedom of expression!

I do not defend religion for my own interest and likeness, I defend freedom for all! Should stupid people be banned to vote, to talk in tv, to write in the newspapers? Will we have a government test to indicate how much each ones vote should weight? Should the people who belong to some ideological group wear an armband to warn others?

Do we still like democracy?

Very runty
Last edited by Wonka on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:17 am

Runty
Last edited by Wonka on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 am

Steve1977 wrote:Wonka: Christians used to kill anyone who didn't believe what they did! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrusadeI'm not an expert on the subject but it doesent sound too disimilar to what's going on now to be honest where you have the Bush Puppet 'Bin Laden' supporting acts of terrorism ' in the name of Islam' and you have Bush and previously Blair going to war with Iraq 'after conversing with God'. Infact it's all f*cked up really.

Meanwhile us saps who may not quite believe in any specific religion, live our life how we feel it should be - Don't steal, treat people how we want to be treated ourselves - are caught in the cross fire of these religious nuts!

GOD SAVE US FROM RELIGION!

Whatever happened in the past, Christianity can congratulate itself on an amazing transformation along with all the other religions. What a pity Islam cannot and will not do the same. Everything Winston Churchill said about Islam is correct.
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am

Wonka, are you a Christian ?

If so.. then correct me if I am wrong but.. christianity is supposed to "promote" peace, tolerance and forgiveness... YET you blaze Islam and tarnish all followers of this religion with the same brush...

Doesn't Jesus ask you to forgive all those that sin against you ?

so.. you are a fine example.. of a religious christian person.. arent you ! :lol: :lol:

In fact, you are a perfect example of why religion sucks.
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:

Doesn't Jesus ask you to forgive all those that sin against you ?

I'm pretty sure he's not too hot on people masturbating in public either, Wonka if you are a Christian, seek penance.
:lol: