Decision

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19777
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Cheshire, England.
Contact:

Decision

Postby durban » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Ok, lets just say you have been convicted of a murder in a far away country.

Now the rule in that country (as with quite a number of countrys) is that if you are found guilty of murder you will be killed.

However if you plead guilty and own up to the murder you will be given a life sentance and thus would not be killed.

So you have a morality issue here. Do you admit to a murder that you did NOT commit and have time to see your family, perhaps see your daughter grow up and even perhaps one day be set free.....

Or do you never admit to a murder that you did NOT commit?
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
User avatar
uncle_colin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Worcester

Postby uncle_colin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:09 am

I'd rather die than be imprisoned in some rat-infested jail cell in a far away country for something I didn't do.

But then it's easy for me to write that in the comfort of my own home. When confronted with the grim reaper, I suppose you never know what you'd do.
User avatar
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!
Posts: 13807
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The Forest Of Dean, United Kingdom
Contact:

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:56 pm

Ermm... if you have been convicted.. as you say.. then you have been found guilty by a court of law that you carried out murder. You would firstly have to come to terms with your crime and then if you accept that you did actually murder someone and show repentence for your sins you may avoid the death penalty.

However, if you cannot accept your crime, then hang.
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Image
Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:00 am

Postby Semtex » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:22 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:Ermm... if you have been convicted.. as you say.. then you have been found guilty by a court of law that you carried out murder. You would firstly have to come to terms with your crime and then if you accept that you did actually murder someone and show repentence for your sins you may avoid the death penalty.

However, if you cannot accept your crime, then hang.


how can you repent something you didn't do?
IF you are found guilty it doesn't, in fact, make you guilty... think on, Jim.
User avatar
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!
Posts: 13807
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The Forest Of Dean, United Kingdom
Contact:

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Semtex wrote:
JamesHBeard wrote:Ermm... if you have been convicted.. as you say.. then you have been found guilty by a court of law that you carried out murder. You would firstly have to come to terms with your crime and then if you accept that you did actually murder someone and show repentence for your sins you may avoid the death penalty.

However, if you cannot accept your crime, then hang.


how can you repent something you didn't do?
IF you are found guilty it doesn't, in fact, make you guilty... think on, Jim.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is the point in a legal system then Mr Cheesy do gooder ???.. let Vigliantes go for it.. I am happy with that.
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Image
Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:00 am

Postby Semtex » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:30 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:
Semtex wrote:
JamesHBeard wrote:Ermm... if you have been convicted.. as you say.. then you have been found guilty by a court of law that you carried out murder. You would firstly have to come to terms with your crime and then if you accept that you did actually murder someone and show repentence for your sins you may avoid the death penalty.

However, if you cannot accept your crime, then hang.


how can you repent something you didn't do?
IF you are found guilty it doesn't, in fact, make you guilty... think on, Jim.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is the point in a legal system then Mr Cheesy do gooder ???.. let Vigliantes go for it.. I am happy with that.


This is the moral question Durban is trying to explore. If you are FOUND guilty, even though you ARE NOT GUILTY what would you do? It's a scary thought, and you have to give your answer to the question NOW!
User avatar
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!
Posts: 13807
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The Forest Of Dean, United Kingdom
Contact:

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Semtex wrote:
JamesHBeard wrote:
Semtex wrote:
JamesHBeard wrote:Ermm... if you have been convicted.. as you say.. then you have been found guilty by a court of law that you carried out murder. You would firstly have to come to terms with your crime and then if you accept that you did actually murder someone and show repentence for your sins you may avoid the death penalty.

However, if you cannot accept your crime, then hang.


how can you repent something you didn't do?
IF you are found guilty it doesn't, in fact, make you guilty... think on, Jim.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is the point in a legal system then Mr Cheesy do gooder ???.. let Vigliantes go for it.. I am happy with that.


This is the moral question Durban is trying to explore. If you are FOUND guilty, even though you ARE NOT GUILTY what would you do? It's a scary thought, and you have to give your answer to the question NOW!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOW ? Can I take some time to think about this please...
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Image
Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
User avatar
Beckite
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Glasgow,Scotland
Contact:

Postby Beckite » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Well first things first ask if you are getting the full sky sports package.
“I drink too much. Will you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?”


Robert Shaw

1927-1978
User avatar
Abyss
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5905
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Postby Abyss » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:13 pm

OK Durban, what have you done this time?
User avatar
Thowra
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3333
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:31 am
Location: On a chair, sometimes on a horse...
Contact:

Postby Thowra » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:08 pm

Have you been accused of killing someone in SA? Is this you we are talking about? What is the alleged crime? When is it said to have happened? Where? How? Were you (or whoever it was) in that said country on that date? What happens if the person involved does not return to the country? Can they be extradited or tried over here? Can the prosecuting country prove with no doubt that the person involved was guilty? What happens if that person is convicted of the crime and ends up in jail? How does that help his family? How can he support them all? The implications of all this are horrendous. Also, is that person guiltless or was there some involvement, however small?? Surely if the person is killed then his will not help the family no matter what. Do they have to return to the family? Is the corruption?
Latin American travel: http://www.thowra.com
Digital Equine: http://www.digitalequine.co.uk
WC 2005 Official Photographer
WC 2006 Co-Organiser
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:30 pm

Claire?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:16 pm

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:34 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Claire?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Thowra
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3333
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:31 am
Location: On a chair, sometimes on a horse...
Contact:

Postby Thowra » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Claire?


No I did not murder Durban.... Pedro?
Latin American travel: http://www.thowra.com
Digital Equine: http://www.digitalequine.co.uk
WC 2005 Official Photographer
WC 2006 Co-Organiser

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests